1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

TNO can't hit anything

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by trog69, Mar 14, 2010.

1. trog69 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

TNO hit the three zombies in his "recovery" room, but once out of the Mortuary, he's not very good at hitting anything. I've switched weapons, moved the characters while in-battle, but he misses almost every swing. Kills between TNO and Morte: TNO=8; Morte=19. Stats are:

STR=18
    INT=9
    DEX=13
    CON=13
    WIS=14
    CHR=9

Is this normal?

Later: Okay, I noticed that TNO was too close to hit with the hammer, so I switched to the Green bladed dagger and he began hitting. So, my next question is, was this coinkydink, or is distance from the target something to consider when choosing melee weapons in P: T?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  2. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    It's quite normal that Morte scores most kills in the beginning.

TNO is only trained in daggers and fists to begin with, so until you spend some proficiency points in bigger weapons, you may want to stick with daggers or fist weapons. You'll need to find a fighter trainer to get better proficiencies.

3. trog69 Gems: 1/31

I see the weapon proficiencies for Morte are buffed.

Thanks, Montresor. I see what you mean, as I looked at Morte's stats, and of course he's buffed on the weapons, while I was trying to swing weapons I had no proficiencies in.

While I did try switching to daggers before posting, I guess I didn't give it enough time to see better results. And I had to look around quite a bit on this and other sites in order to determine that I'd have to wait to train in those proficiencies. I just saw "unused slots: 3" and panicked. hehe.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Non-proficiency penalties are huge. Stick with weapons TNO is proficient with.

If you're going to be a fighter don't add strength until after 7th level. The bonus at 7th will bump you to 19, taking strength now will only put you to the next level in exceptional strength -- you'll spend six points to go up to 19. Those six point would be better spent in wisdom (for the xp boost) or whatever else you prefer.

5. trog69 Gems: 1/31

Thanks for the head's up on strength

and for helping a fellow(20+years) Chicagoan-S. Side. :)

I gotta tell you, I'm so jaked playing this again, since the last time was when it(Demo, I'm pretty sure) was included in the computer I bought. I only got through the Trash Warrens-I think. The graphics were a lot worse than the beautiful game I see before me now, that's for sure.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.