1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ToB Bad Guy - Who or What is it?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Steppenwolf, Apr 2, 2001.

1. Steppenwolf Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

It would have to be a demigod or some other 40th-level Child of Bhaal with his own high-level party. I mean, what creature from the Prime Material Plane (other than a tarrasque) can stand up against a party of Raistlin Majeres? I fully expect to be decimated the first or second time I face this guy, whoever he is. Otherwise, the BG series will end not with a bang, but a whimper.

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

When you become a god, I think you have to face another god. For a game isn't funny when you can only have to kill creatures who are less good as you are, so the final enemy should be a god.... or even more.

3. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The sinister cowled men in the outro for BG2 are only human. Maybe they'll summon your ultra-brilliant demon with twelve feet so it can kick everyone in your party at the same time without falling over ;) Man, level 40 being a demigod - I know that's the point of fantasy, but doesn't anyone just want to be a normalish guy who has to fight hard to escape a pub brawl alive?

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

If it's necessery to fight hard to survive, it's not only important how strong you are but also how strong your enemies are, so when you are powerful, it can be hard too, when your enemies are very strong too....

5. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Even though you become a god, you can still get your butt kicked by less powerfull but smarter enemies. Just think of how easy it was to kill bad guys like Sarevok, Kangaxx or Firkraag when you find a good strategy.
    And even though you are powerfull, it's hard to beat a lich when it's immune to all weapons and spell's untill you dispel it's protections. And by then it has cast meteor storm, horrid wilting and has summoned a fiend.

6. Seric Exz Guest

*Thinking aloud & discussing the issue with Voices In Head*

The cowled fools realize that the powers of the bhaalspawn is growing beyond "reasonable limits". The only possible path they can take (they think) in order to stop the bhaalspawn is to ally themselves with a powerful (evil) god or semi-god. This plan will undoubtedly backfire, and voila, they have unleashed something nasty upon the world. And Lo & behold, the bhaalspawn needs to save Faerun once again from yet another evil fiend...

7. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I think the villain has a chance to be you!!!

Lets face it, you play a child of Bhaal, and every evil character should strive to be the new god of murder.

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Is it just me or does the whole game seem to suffer from "Munchkin syndrome"? I mean one of the first quests you do in BG1 has you destroying a fortress full of thingies twice the size of a man armed with huge halberds, when you've just got a few friends and a sword you bought in a pub.

9. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Well CERTAINLY play the child of the lord of murder...I would estimate you kill at least 1000 innocent critters in the first game alone...but at least there's a lot of dialoge.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.