1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ToEE - Keep on the Borderlands Mod

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Jun 28, 2014.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]The Circle of Eight team has released their mod for Temple of Elemental Evil; Keep on the Borderlands.

The Keep on the Borderlands Demo Final Its here! The final version of the KotB Demo, featuring:
    • fixing of many bugs
    • a new map (the Raiders) from the module
    • a new recruitable NPC
    • a new merchant, selling essential hats
    • new mini-quests
    • the long-awaited portraits (as seen in Co8 5.5)
    • the improved voice-pack (also as seen in Co8 5.5)
    • total overhaul of all the existing maps with better lighting, pathing etc, all the minimaps, and far less CTDs!
    Well, not a whole lot of new stuff, since new stuff means new bugs, but a great deal of bug-fixing and general polishing.

>>>>>>>DOWNLOAD HERE FROM ModDB

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It might be better to link to this information, since what is shown above was written in January 2009, and doesn't reflect the full release from a couple of days ago:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-keep-on-the-borderlands

3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Keep was the module that introduced me to PnP AD&D so many years ago. A lot of nostalgia here for me. I will be adding the module to my TFE-X and will be playing tonight. My character was a CG Halfling Thief named Nobs Wigglefingers. He will be the first character I generate. :)

4. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I will add to my list as well, to be sure. Seems like this has been in development since, like, forever. Nice to finally see a full release. Never thought I'd see the day.

Not sure when I'll be able to give it a whirl yet though.

5. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Same here. Will try it ASAP.

And yeah. Development was on an epic timescale.
    There have been many attempts on KotB, NWN1/NWN2 multiple modules and such...but none could live up to the P&P one.

ToEE has a great 3.5 engine and especially after the Co8 treatment. So I guess the TB-part at least will be spot on.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  6. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Interesting. I played and liked ToEE, but drowned in the bugs.

Might I suspect a patched final version is in existence?

7. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Mer, the Circle of Eight Mod pack is that final 'patch'.
    It fixes bugs, rules and restores content that was cut/lost.

For me it is a must have for ToEE. The official Patches are tiny compared to this.

I suggest you give it a try and report back.
    Here, take a look...Co8 Mod-Pack

8. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The early, low-level encounters have been tough so far. Though my party is not stat-maxed which prbably explains it. More of a nostalgia group from the old-days of PnP. Choose NG as the party alignment.

Halfling Rogue(will add Bard levels starting at level 4 - Speaker, Traps and Bows
    Human Barbarian - Greatsword - PA, Cleave - Wilderness Skills - 14 INT!(But is illiterate....kind of funny....)
    Human Fighter - Longspear - PA, Cleave and Combat reflexes for " Range Melee and Crowd Control"
    Elf Fighter - Dual wield Shortswords, Dodge. Will go down the Dodge/Mobility/Spring AT path
    Human Cleric of Pelor - Healer - Domains of Healing and Sun
    Elf Sorcerer - Enchanter build- Lots of humanoids, so lots of charms and sleep spells. Will also be my Magic Item producer.

I took the Spider quest first. Leveled up. Will head to the Caves of Chaos next.

9. Darion

Media:
    Played a bit yesterday. and Was quite charming so far. Messed around with some party combinations. Will do a proper run this weekend.
    The installation was quite smooth. Took less than anticipated.

Installed the mod and activated it in Front-End and voilá.

None mentioned the cool tunes, so I will. Quite catchy and fitting a P&P session. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.