1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tower of Deception for BG2

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Baronius, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

It's not a serious one at all, though it depends what you consider serious.

This is probably a false induction from your past experiences. For example, the case with GreyClan was coincidental: some other mod interfered, probably due to your fault (using old savegame?).
    I'm quite sure that basically all WeiDU-based mods (from those you are using at the moment) are well-written and the uninstallation/reinstallation of mods/components is deterministic and reliable in WeiDU -- so it's pointless to be afraid of some random arising problem while uninstalling e.g. UB's Restored Crooked Crane component.

Though it's important to note that since certain important resources and status variables are stored in the savegame, you can't use certain savegames after uninstalling something. You might need to use an earlier savegame. For example, if you've entered the area where a mod has placed a creature, the creature won't disappear when you uninstall the mod and reload a late save.

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Heh, you are right ofcourse. I do not have any save games right now in BG2, it is a fresh new installation and I did not have chance to start a game yet, still playing and enjoying the awesomness of BG1.

But ofcourse nothing can prevent me from trying out this cool all new and fancy mod! TYVM!

3. Aegor Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

No it's not serious Silverstar, you don't have to uninstall UB to enjoy the quest. The CLUA console works just fine except for that little extra introduction you get.

*** spoiler below ***

Just one question Baronius if I may. That Cleric you meet on the 3rd floor, is he important once you return to Athkatla? I saw a line where the PC says that they might meet somewhere in Athkatla after the quest is completed. So do you meet him somewhere? I noticed that he has a very spiffy Helmet of Defence that you can't pickpocket and since you can kill him without a reputation loss I was wondering... :evil:

*** spoiler ends ***

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

^Thanks Aegor, it is good to hear. I can CLUA console the mage, have done such things before. :)

5. Aegor Gems: 5/31

Who knows, it might work for you without the need for CLUA. I was after all in the middle of the game, perhaps after a fresh start it will work without a problem.

6. Baronius

Skipping that certain component of UB when installing is also a solution. If you've already installed UB, you can uninstall that component.

Aegor: as for the spoiler, sorry, I don't know... as I said, I'm not the author. He checks only the official ToD forum.

7. Valiant Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hi guys, as a creator of Tower Of Deception mod just want to inform you all that I have already started to test a new version, namely v2. It will fix some bugs found in, and will correct some other things as well. Will announce it when finish all test and possibilities, but only at official mod forum and on official mod webpage. So don´t hesitate and visit Black Wyrm Lair forum for more infos... Stay tuned.

Valiant

8. Valiant Gems: 2/31

And about a "cleric trapped inside" :) - who knows, maybe you´ll meet him sometimes during your journies...

Just kidding. Seriously I planned to show him up again after you solve the tower, but still I don´t have a good quest for him. I´ll think about it in next versions, but I don´t guarantee it...

9. Aegor Gems: 5/31

Now I fell sorry I haven't killed him and took that lovely helmet ;) . Thanks for the info, it would be nice if you could add a quest with him later on.

10. Valiant Gems: 2/31

In v2, I wouldn´t recommend you to kill him, otherwise you won´t be able to escape. Because in this version he´ll be the one who will teleport you back to captain Kergo... You could stuck then in the tower until you CLUA your party out of it... hehehe...

11. Aegor Gems: 5/31

Mmm, that's too bad :D . Perhaps you could have him teleport with the party so that evil players could have a chance to kill him once he gets them out of the dungeon. And for good NPCs, he could give them his helm as a reward ;) .

12. Valiant Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Teleport him where?? He´s the one who teleport party back to tower front door, but he´ll disappear to somewhere else, he won´t stay with the party. And evil parties may kill him after they´ll speak with him for the first time...

I will find some solution in case he´ll be killed, don´t worry. And with that reward - that´s a good idea you have with that helmet... I´ll think about it...

13. Die_Bad_Guys Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I guess I must be stupid, because I cannot figure out how to break a certain object after killing its guardian. I tried the +5 2-handed sword, I tried the blade of roses, I tried flametongue, I tried a standard longsword, nothing worked. I even tried to console-kill it. nothing worked. What do I do?

14. Razfallow Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

You must hurt it with fire, but use something (spells or items) which hits more than one target.

15. Valiant Gems: 2/31

Razfallow is right, you cannot kill it with any weapon, magic or enchanted other way. It´s totally invulnerable. If you have read all dialogs properly, you would noticed that only a "great" fire can destroy it. Swords similiar to Flametongue does not produce great fire, they just add a fire damage to normal damage, that´s what they do...

Great fire is something else. And of course, you cannot destroy it while guardian is alive... His life force is bounded with Astral Shard, so while he´s alive, Astral Shard is taking life force from him...

Think about it.

16. Die_Bad_Guys Gems: 4/31

You have made this incredibly difficult for my solo fighter. If I werent using SK to give myself a potion of explosions this quest would of been impossible.

It is really necessary to make the shard involunerable to mostly everything after the guardian is dead?

17. Valiant Gems: 2/31

It´s necessary indeed. It´s coming up from its own nature. After all, you have solved it finally... :)

18. Baronius

Die_Bad_Guys, if I remember correctly, there is at least one item in the Tower that allows you to solve this problem without having certain types of characters in your party (I'm trying to be as general as possible, to avoid spoilers for other players). However, it might be a good idea to add more such items (or more generally, possibilities).

[ April 22, 2007, 14:49: Message edited by: Baronius ]

19. Valiant Gems: 2/31

Testing phase has begun. Version 2 is complete, now just testing all new stuff I added into it (...revisited scripts, cutscenes and such...)

A few posts above I metioned I´m already testing the whole mod, but after than I have added another content so I had to recompile it again, and to test in once more...

20. Die_Bad_Guys Gems: 4/31

Just stick a potion of explosions on the corpse of the final guardian. Problem solved.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.