1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Unseeing Eye booboo

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by soned, Mar 29, 2005.

1. soned Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi

It's my first time to play bg2, i know i'm a bit late :)

in the unseeing eye quest, i didn't know how to defeat the monster in the temple, so I went back up and attached Gaal and his men. The beholder appeared there, and I killed it too.

When I went back to the temple the monster was gone, and the guy who appeared gave me the first half of the rod.

Now, I am stuck, because I need to get the other half of the rod but i can't sem to get into the unseeing eye's lair (the pit where they throw the unbelievers?)

so i was not able to finish this quest. (i did kill the beholder so that quest was done)

any suggestions? i can see the marker for the unseeing eye's lair, but when i go to that area, there is no option to go down to it.

thanks!

[ March 29, 2005, 13:54: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Try going to the hall that leads to the lower levels. There is a secret door there that leads into the Unseeing Eye's Lair. If it doesn't open... I'm afraid the quest is stuck.
    I'm thinking you can console the other half of the rod in, but I wouldn't recommend it since its your first game. You're not missing much by not completing it, though. :)

About the monster you couldn't kill. It hinted that hatred would only fuel its power... so next time round, trying doing the reverse of damaging it. :)

3. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Just one warning, if you take the rod above ground, your toast! It's to powerfull to be used, so say the gods themselves! IOW you'll die ;)

Edit: BTW welcome to this awesome game! Been playing it over and over since I bought it when it came out!

4. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Thats how the game goes.
    If you kill Gaal before killing the Unseeing Eye the way to the pit is closed. The secret door Scythe mentioned can only be opened from the beholder lair not from the upper level.

So you cant get all the loot from the undead pit and the beholder lair. Sorry, you are out of luck if you dont have a previous save.

5. soned Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

thanks! I created another character and hopefully i'll do better

6. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

Not only you'll do better but you'll create more savegame slots! :D

7. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Aww... you shouldn't have created a new character and restarted. If you turn out to be like anyone of us, you will be replaying the game many times anyways. Plus it's not essential to get EVERYTHING right on your first run through.

8. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Exactly! Do your first time like your doing and accept anything you've done, up untill that point. Yes some quest will prbably not be done in the right way, but it's a learning experience. Your first run through is the best ever, try not to read to much spoilers and just have fun! Most of us on the board here have played the game over and over, most of the times we don't even finish anymore, because all the character idea's we keep on having, dying to try them out.

9. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

*** Spoiler Alert!!! ***
    After you accepted the quest from Gaal, go to the old man, accept the quest, and go to the lower reaches, move through the area until you get to the temple with the "Deceased Ones", enter the temple, now you will confront the demon, use a Heal spell (Heal, cure light wounds, etc), the demon will die, and Amounantar will appear, accept the quest, go back to the the old man, after this go the Cults's hideout and move to the left, talk to the man standing in front of the pit, tell the password and go down the pit, you will enter Ghoul Town, move through it, and leave by going north-east, now you will enter an area full of Beholder's, Gauth and an evil cleric/thief party, kill them, and move to the east, here you will find the 2nd part of the rod, now the "Unseeing Eye" will appear, kill him by use of the rod, now go back to the temple, talk to the "Deceased" ones, and they will confront Amaunantar, voila, quest complete!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.