1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Vampire enchanter?

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim' started by Sir Rechet, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

[​IMG] I've been searching for what you actually can expect to get out of a vampire with the Necromage perk in terms of enchants. However, every single source of info I've seen so far ALSO includes using the Falmer Helmet exploit in which you can wear two different headgear at the same time. :confused:

So, what can you expect with JUST being a vampire with Necromage, then? I use the Unofficial Skyrim patch which eliminates this exploit and a whole lot of others as well.

It seems that at least most of the incremental Fortify skill enchants, ie. where the bonus is positive signed get an extra cumulative +25% boost. Thus you go from +29% smith/alch to +36%, 1h/arch from +47% to roughly 60% and so forth. Magicka cost reduction enchants are unaltered, except for the minor improvement gained via better Fortify Enchant potions. The burning question that remains is how much further you can keep on pushing your potions when enchanting multiple sets in an ever increasing potency loop.

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I'd be lying if I said I knew, because I've never tried it, as I don't find the apeal of playing a vampire. It would seem like you should be able to get an additional set of crafting gear. Also, don't forget with Dragonborn expansion, there's an additional set of armor to acquire that adds another 10% enchanting skill on top of what you'd get from your potions.

3. Sir Rechet

Sir Rechet I speak maths and logic, not stupid Veteran

I guess I found an answer to my own question. Shortly put, you only get +25% more out of your enchants but you can't push the effect any further by enchanting new apparel without resorting to dual-helm exploits. Makes sense why no one reports it, then. :) (Edit: Now that I checked it, USKP specifically also removes the extra bonus to enchantments worn by yourself, since version 1.2.1 last September.)

Specifically, while a vampire can create +36% Fortify Enchanting potions instead of just +32% with the standard maxed 4x29% (effectively 4x36=244% with vampire bonus) Alchemy apparel, it's not enough to improve the skill enchants to +30% (37) even with that.

Here are the actual breakpoints for skill enchants, assuming 5/5 Enchanter and Insightful Enchanter of course.
    25% skill = base without potion
    26% skill = +9% Enchangting potion required
    27% skill = +17% req
    28% skill = +24% req
    29% skill = +31% req
    30% skill = +38% req
    31% skill = +44% req

and so forth. The req delta for each subsequent skill percentage slowly diminishes as the enchanting skill modifier for apparel has the potion boost percentage as a second degree polynomial term in the calculation, see here about 2/3 down the page.

Worth noting is that Necromage affects also some other perks, such as Pickpocket's "Extra Pockets" going from +100 to +125 carry.

However, you can brew somewhat better Smithing potions as a vampire, going from +130% to +146%. That ought to get you a few extra levels of improvement together with the +244% (instead of +216%) enchanted apparel.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.