1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Violence in Milwaukee.

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Nakia, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I just saw a report about this new act of violence in the US. Here is a link to a brief video and article about this most recent act of terrorist. Yes it is terrorism even if committed by citizens against police officers and other residents.

Fires were set throughout the city in protest of an officer shooting an armed man in a foot chase. One fire was set at a gas station and firefighters were unable to reach the fire because of gun shots.

Since it just happened a few hours ago we need more information but the acts of violence committed by Milwaukee residents are not justifiable and cannot be accepted as reasonable or rational. I know these people are frustrated and unhappy because of their lack of resources and other factors but this type of violence will win them only critics and enemies.

It simply is not justified and is a criminal act in itself.

Here is a link to one brief video and article by CNN.
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/13/us/milwaukee-violence-erupts-after-police-shooting/

I considered posting this in the political forum since I am sure Trump and others will use it in their campaign.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm assuming that this was a black man again since CNN is going out of their way to not provide any hint of race? Well, except for having a black writer and black live reporter covering it...

I feel for the police officers in the US having to deal with this crap, I really do. I'm not condoning any kind of police brutality, but the wide majority of similar cases I've read about were effectively a black person committing a crime or engaged in criminal activity, the police doing their job, then the black population using it as an excuse for rioting, looting, destroying everything in their path, attacking the police etc.

I mean, I understand that racism is a real problem in the US and elsewhere, but when the police can't do their job for fear of retaliation is when the criminals win, pure and simple. Political correctness is not doing anyone any favours, it's just ineffectively trying to sweep the problem under the rug.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    ConjurerDragon and Nakia like this.
  3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Tal, I am assuming that your assumptions are correct.

Considering the thousands,, no millions, of call that police have to respond to there really is very little police violence reported. In our small town atmosphere the police are the first responders to 911 calls and do have some limited medical training. I rode with the EMS for a brief time when I first moved here. I saw young policemen who just looked shaken and miserable when they responded to a call were the person had died. Police men and women are human beings and they never know what a call may entail. It can easily be a life or death situation for them.

The officer who shot the man had a working body camera according to the report so hopefully this will help to clear the air. However even if the officer was in some way in the wrong that does not justify the violence of the community. They didn't just target the police they targeted the community causing damage and possible harm to others. Two wrongs never ever make a right.

This type of behavior only escalates the problem.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I agree and I think that the politicians are the ones to blame the most because their lukewarm PC responses and even attempts at justifying any kind of backlash against the police are just fueling the fires and making some people think that they're somehow entitled to criminal activity in response to what they usually falsely understand as an injustice.

5. Nakia

Media:
    I was a young adult during the civil rights movement. The violencethen came from the white community against peaceful protesters. Using past evils to justify current evils is just plain stupid. Blacks can say I responsible because I have slave owning ancestors my response to that is "No, I am not responsible for either the good or evil that my ancestors did or had done to them." If I were responsible I could turn on everyone of European, English, French, Dutch or Spanish ancestor and hold them responsible for what was done to my Native American ancestors.

I am responsible for what I do or condone. We have bent so far over backwards that we are not standing on our heads.

I could go on and on about this so I will take a step back.

--

Here is a link to another video. I had some problems with it so I hope it works alright.
    http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2016/0...o/playlists/protests-against-police-violence/

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    Taluntain likes this.
  6. damedog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Resourceful Veteran

So apparently the response from the victims relative was to say they should burn down the suburbs instead of the city. Charming

7. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    What makes this even worse is that CNN has been caught editing the videos and transcripts taking out the part about the relative inciting people to burn down the suburbs.

From what I have read about this case, the officer was wearing a body camera and the footage shows the deceased with a gun. It was a black cop who killed a black criminal.

8. Nakia

Media:
    Thanks, Snook, for the update. I have heard that the first reports of the shooting said he was shot in the back but that the autopsy report stated he was shot in the chest and the arm.The policeman was wearing a working body camera which reportedly show the man turning and facing the cop with a gun in his hand.

Naturally a black cop shooting a black proves that the Milwaukee police are racially biased. (Sarcasm intended)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.