1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

WarCraft III -New Player Questions-

Discussion in 'Warcraft & Starcraft' started by Aces, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

So I'm getting near the end of the Undead chapter.

Arthas keeps going down in levels.
    I'm all the way down to level 4... :cry:

edit:

Ahhhh!

Is there any way (without Blink) to get at that +5 ring of protection in the second trap room of the cave-in map just before the final battle?
    Or is it just a taunt to get you to hang around until you die as the timer runs down?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  2. Aces Gems: 19/31

Nobody? :(

Or perhaps no one knows of what I speak? :hmm:

3. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I left the side quests alone because I could never spare enough troops to accomplish anything productive. The closest I ever came was 13 seconds left on the timer...

Maybe I could check the net for a good walk through with some information on whether I can knock out one of the fronts...

4. Aces Gems: 19/31

So on the custom games you have to play without a reload to get the replay option to activate?

:rolleyes:

5. Aces Gems: 19/31

Wow.
    I'm playing the Orc mini-game now.
    Plays like a RPG.

I've got three heros now after picking up the drunken brawler panda guy.
    Any more gonna show up?
    The only neutral hero that has yet to show up in any of the gameplay so far is the Pit Lord.

edit:

And any opinions as to which armor is the best of the three to choose as the quest reward (kill harpys)?

6. Aces Gems: 19/31

So I finish Act I and it says I need to download Act II and III from the battle net.

I went there and clicked on every sub-topic for Warcraft III and didn't find anything.

Where they at? :(

BTW- Merry Christmas Everybody

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    If I remember right, they're included in the official patch, so all you need to do is to connect to battle.net, which also patches you up to the latest version. Have you played without the official patch installed thus far?

8. Aces Gems: 19/31

Ver 1.07 which is what came in the box.

I see the lastest is 1.22.

Geez. Ya think they might have included that since most of the updates were as far back as 2005?

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The package that you got has been on the market for that long I expect. With all of Blizzard's games you can always expect regular updates, so patching up as soon as you install the game(s) is the thing to do.

10. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

I never actually started the 2nd Orc level.. the first one seemed too tedius :( Hope you've been practicing on Bnet, Aces :)

11. Gasha Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Heh... I remember how I loved the first episode of the bonus campaign... It had such a great feeling to it...

12. Aces Gems: 19/31

Feeling totally bummed out... :(

I install WC3 on my new PC and downloaded patch 1.23 and now the movies only play in low def and they look terrible. The game still plays in 1280x1024 OK but the movies look like 640x480. :(

I created an account at battle net through the game to post for technical support but I can't log on there to post anything. :bang:

13. Fly2tHeSkY

That shouldn't be right... So the movies look all choppy/pixelated or what?

14. Aces Gems: 19/31

I reinstalled back to 1.07 and they played fine.
    Installed the 1.23 patch again and they play better but still not as crisp, like it's at a lower resolution.
    In the newer patches you can play without the CD so I'm betting that's the catch.
    The movies aren't installed at the highest resolution probably.

Anyways I just finished the Human act I on hard.
    Ouch...
    Hard is....... hard. :rolleyes:

15. Fly2tHeSkY

That's weird... I've had that patch for awhile and I'm PRETTY sure the movies have played fine. I'll just confirm that and then come back and post.

And if you think the human campaign is hard on that difficulty, try playing the Final level ;)

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Are you referring to the final level in Burning Crusade or in Frozen Throne?

17. Fly2tHeSkY

Just checked - The cinematics look fine for me without the CD.

Burning Crusade? Don't you mean Reign Of Chaos? Well the final level of Reign Of Chaos as well as The Frozen Throne are quite hard when the difficulty level is raised to the maximum.

18. Aces Gems: 19/31

I have a bad feeling about the Night Elves' missions... :eek:

19. Fly2tHeSkY

I suppose he was referring to WORLD of warcraft?

@Aces, Yes they can be a bit challenging :p

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    :bang:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.