1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weird glitches?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Corangrane, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Corangrane Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Whew, I made it through chapter 2. I've never actually done that before so I was stoked.

Anyway, I was in the Host Tower and started having some 'issues'. One the first level, I was at the teleporter, and I got stuck to the wall. I finally managed to get away. I tried several things, including completely exiting out of NWN and restarting. Anyway, what finally worked was getting into debug mode then putting my pointer at a location, then clicking left mouse, holding, and clicking the keypad plus symbol. OMG.

The other weirdness was on the level where the helmed horror is created. Instead of following, I led the way (ha) and hit the door. My henchman joined me. When the helmed horror arrived, it started attacking my henchman! I told my henchman to leave. But after the helmed horror assisted with all the monsters inside, it went after and finished off my henchman! Well, fortunately I had saved the game before going to this level, so I just reloaded. This time, before the helmed horror was created, I told my henchman to stay put. I followed the helmed horror to the door as it seemed to just know what it was supposed to do. My henchman stayed in the other room the entire time and was still alive after the helmed horror disappeared.

I also had trouble when I first started using the teleporter. I would stand on the portal and nothing would happen. I finally read somewhere to move with tiny steps and it would work .... so I had to do that for the first few levels. Eventually just stepping on the portal worked.

I am using Windows Vista. So is any of this behavior usual? Is it specific to Vista or does that matter? But, at least I was able to get through them all and on to Chapter 3. :)

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Though you seem to be experiencing just about every NWN glitch there is, yes, I've either seen or read about all of them. So, just bad luck. There are a lot of things in NWN that they simply can't seem to consistently fix, so it's not uncommon to experience the same bugs that were supposed to have been fixed in one of the official patches.

3. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I run NWN in Vista, and have all these glitches pop up erratically. It got a bit better when I set it to run in XP compatibility mode, although independently written modules I play tend to have more problems than the OC.
    I also have video rendering glitches that give people solid colored heads at times, usually red or turquoise. It's kind of funny, really.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.