1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Well well... look who's back!

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Aug 18, 2000.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by NightKin)

Hey everyone, It's been a while since last time I updated, but I assure you that it was all due to technical difficulties. At least it gave me some time to finish Icewind Dale which is an excellent game by the way. But now I'm back and I will try to update more often. And now, without further ado, lets see what's been going on at the Baldur's Gate II message board...

From David Gaider, BG2 Designer

On dialogue and stats:

Well, it varies according to the dialogue choice. We don't use this as much as Planescape does, but we DO use it in BG2... but honestly the minimum to have ALL dialogue options open is 18.

Come to think of it, I remember a couple of places where there is another option if CHR is over 18, so there you go.

But if you're asking how high your stats need to be to notice a difference... well, I wouldn't worry about it too much. All the quests are solvable in multiple ways... high stats just might make a few quests easier, is all.

More on NPC portraits:

To my embarrassment, Mike came up today and told me that I was mistaken about Aerie's pic. It's not based on Fiona, after all (like I thought). They had decided with the pics not to base them on anyone in particular and have them as more free-form drawings (not even based on us employees like in BG1), and I mistakenly thought they were.

So all of you are now officially allowed to disbelieve anything I say, as I am likely to be talking out of my butt.

Character editing:

Editing a character is always a risk. We guarantee nothing if you do so.

From Brent Knowles, BG2 Designer

Script editor information:

The program doesn't make scripting a lot easier, but it does speed up the process.

It basically integrates the several steps necessary in creating a script into one program. For example: you would create the script, press a compile button, and then press another button to copy the script to where you need it.

In addition there are drop-down lists of actions/triggers and spells. The program doesn't super simplify scripting but it does make it easier to create scripts.

In addition, the player scripts that will ship with BG2 give examples of basically everything a person would want to do in a script. What I'm hoping is that users will do a lot of cutting and pasting to create their own scripts. If they want to combine a cool fighter script with the basic mage script it will hopefully be easy for them to do so.

As well, John Winski has prepared several documents to help explain the scripting process and the numerous commands.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2018
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.