1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What class(es) do YOU see him as?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    What class(es) do you think he looks like?

[​IMG]

Also, I'm currently running a cleric/mage but I'm thinking more fighter/mage? Maybe some sort of kitted cleric or paladin? I really like the blackguard but it just feels like it's not for a lion?
    Kits I should use / not use? They will have to be added in through EEkeeper.
    My party will consist of:

Me ??? (probably a blackguard.)
    Yoshimo
    Koragan
    Viconia
    (never used her before)
    Edwin (never used him before either)
    not sure who would be the 6th member. Maybe a shadowdancer so when Yoshimo decides to leave I still have a good thief? I'm not fond of loosing the traps but the dancer has some other good HLA also.
    How do you make something in a "spoiler"?

I've never run an evil party before. I did finish the game with a blackguard but the rest of the party was non-evil.
    I could go blackguard again and make a shadowdancer as my 6th party member?

2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    He looks like a good aligned fighter, some sort of aasimar, I suppose. Warrior class of some sort, perhaps fighter/mage. Not particularly good as a head of an evil party, I'd say.

As for evil NPCs, isn't Dhorn an evil blackguard?

I've played an evil game only once, I'm not very good at being evil, even in video games. For the most part, the game doesn't really help in that respect, those few quests where there is an actual evil path, it feels like the dumbest thing ever. Maybe if your PC is also insane or something, it would make some sort of sense. With a bent towards random destruction.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  4. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    That's clearly a full-blooded leonal celestial, so it's either a paladin or a fighter.

5. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Jdging solely based on appearance, some kind of gish for sure. As far as melee+casting combos go, i can see a fighter/mage working, but fighter/druid or even a cleric/beserker can work just as well depending on how you flavor it.

If adding a kit with EEkeeper, how about a fighter/druid with the Avenger kit ? avengers get access to some wizard spell, enhancing the caster astethic the picture has going on, and for roleplaying reasons it might be a cool idea to not play a beastman, but as a regular human, where something went wrong during a shapechange and now you're stuck between a human and animal shape.

6. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yes Dorn is an evil BG. I was thinking about him as well but it all depends on what I make as my main.
    I'm not very good at playing evil either henkie. It's only a game but it's just not who I am. Kinda limiting in some aspects I guess. I do want to try the characters I haven't used before though. Especially because everyone praises Edwin and Viconia. Hmm. I've never used Dorn before either.

Welp trying to add the avenger kit through EEkeeper doesn't want to work right. No extra spells or extra wild shape forms.
    It's kinda crazy really. Some kits work and others don't.

The Leonel looks pretty bad ass.
    As a fighter I can see berk as a definitely option because you can say his "roar" is going berserk.

Gish? I can see that as an option definitively. Could go with the berk and multi with either druid (they are animalish right? Lol), or maybe with mage or cleric?? Or go berk and DUAL to another class??

7. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    Yeah, under the 'Effects' tab in EEkeeper you can add in the kit effects giving penalties to str/con, but you will have to add the additional wildshapes and spells yourself under the 'innate' and 'cleric' tabs respectively.
    Here's the names and id's they are listed under.

Innate tab :
    Shapeshift : Spider - SPCL632
    Shapeshift : Baby Wyvern - SPCL633
    Shapeshift : Fire Salamander - SPCL634

Cleric tab :
    Chromatic Orb - SPDR101
    Web - SPDR201
    Lightning Bolt - SPDR301
    Improved Invisibility - SPDR401
    Chaos - SPDR501
    Chain Lightning - SPDR601

Remember to highlight each innate ability ad press the 'Mem +' button so you have at least one use memorised of each ability.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    Eyebreaker7 likes this.
  8. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Or try starting as an avenger, then change to multi-class in EEkeeper? Also going back to lvl 1, then exporting and re-importing seems to work pretty well for me.

9. xosmi Gems: 20/31

Media:
    I find this more of a headache, since you will end up having to fix your proficiencies (pure avengers only can put 1 in each, as opposed to starting with 2 in each weapon type and a possible 3 pips in two weapon style.
    As well as some discrepancies in Thac0, and you won't roll percentile strength when you create the character as avenger.

10. SecondGenBGIILover Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Pally all the way

11. Wayward Son Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

He looks like either a Berserker or a Neutral/Chaotic Good aligned Fighter/Thief to me. Or maybe a Fighter/Druid. I'm not all too familiar with the Enhanced Edition or Baldur's Gate II kits, but those are close to what he looks like to me.

12. Niclole Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

13. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Just looking at him he doesn't strike me as a thief at all. Much more a fighter or Warrior.

Now there can be an evil lion-insert background story if you want-but I think the lore people pointed out would make me lean more towards a paladin.

Maybe a fighter/mage.

Or monk/cleric (can those exist?) if you want him to fight bare handed (which could be different for him if he has claws) but if I was looking just at appearances I'd say something with hand to hand ability in a head on fight.

He looks to be physically strong with armor on at least one of his arms. There are symbols on some of the cloth handing from his waste so I could see them as part of a military or clerical order-maybe magical but first glance leans more to the former. Multi-class if you want (no reason special being cannot have some magical ability).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.