1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What class would you consider Zeratul to be?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm guessing some sort of fighter obviously but what kind? Fighter, ranger, paladin? Maybe a fighter/mage of some sort?

What kit? I'm looking for abilities not alignment restrictions as well. So he wouldn't be lawful good just for being a paladin. Or evil if a blackguard. Or neutral if a druid. You get the idea.

What race for this game? Half-orc?

2. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Asuming we're talking about Starcraft's Zeratul - Thief/Mage, possibly with the assassin kit. (though you'd have to cheat the kit in using EEkeeper.)
    This combo would allow you to emulate most of zeratul's abilities he has in Heroes of the Storm as well - stealth/invisibility from your innate ability or a spell as his cloaking ability, dimention door spell as his 'blink', and eventually time stop as his void prison ability.

As far as race goes, zeratuil looks almost like an illithid - you could pick any kind of race you'd like and simply change your ingame model to one of those ?
    Just open your character in EEkeeper, go to appearance tab and change the appearance drop-down menu to 'Mind Flayer'.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  3. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'd say more Gith than illithid, as far as similarities to in-game models go.

4. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Dang it I always forget something. Yes I'm talking about the Zeratul in HotS.
    Why do you say he maybe should have the assassin kit?

5. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well, looking at the character his role is one of getting in a fight for a short period to do a ton of damage then dart back out again - the assassin kit with its poison and huge backstab multiplier fits that role quite well.

However, there's another option that fits even better with Zeratul, which would be the new EE kit, the Shadowdancer.
    Shadowdancers get to hide in plain sight, so you can still stealth even when seen by enemies - fitting his cloaking mechanic.
    more importantly, shadowsancers get the Shadowstep innate ability - you get to move around while everyone else around you is frozen in place, though you cannot attack while time is frozen.
    this is really similar to Zeratul's 'void prison', just like time stop, but you get to use it right from the start of level 1.

6. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Shadowdancer was something I was thinking of as well so I'll go with that. HLA = Shadow Form fits pretty nicely too.

What about his stats? What about which scores are more important? Definitely dexterity of course.

1 = dex
    2 = wis?
    3 = int?
    4 = con?
    5 = cha?
    6 = str?

What about the drow avatar?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2016
  7. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I don't know how he is in Starcraft 2, I've only played the first game. But based on the first game, I'd definitely say the gith model fits the best to any protoss.

I don't know about stats, I'd put the INT, WIS, CHA stats pretty high. Again, based on Starcraft 1. No reason to lower the other stats too much, though, not the way the roll system works, and especially in the EEs. Probably CON in the last place. They rely on shields, not hitpoints.

8. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    I have the Terran & the Zerg SC2 but not the Protos so I'm in the unknown there but he's really nice in Heroes of the Storm. I haven't had a chance to play him yet. I just started a few days ago and I've only played 4 or 5 games. My nephew tried him and he didn't/doesn't care for him. He's one of the harder heroes to play according to game descriptions of the heroes. I will probably suck at playing him like I tend to do with the other 2 heroes I've tried that are currently in the free to play rotation right now. You have to get to a certain level before more heoroes in the free to play rotation comes up for you. I've only played a few games so far and 2 of them were tutorials. You get no credit for those as far as XP and gold to buy heroes with. I want to get Thrall and Samaro who also is supposed to be another hard one to play. My nephew does real well with Samaro. Not sure about Thrall. He's only played him a couple times that I saw and he did real good. Thrall is supposed to be medium to play. I'm planning to get Thrall and use him to work up to Zeratul and then eventually Samaro. I'm a horrible player but it's still kinda fun.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.