1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots as well as access many other forum features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a truly friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this excellence is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today and convince yourself!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.

What game are you playing right now? #3

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Splunge, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Not actually playing but still rolling IWDEE could use some help in my latest threads :)

2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    As I mentioned in my previous post, I haven't even played the original IWD, so can't help you much there.

Though I did start a game of Arcanum. I wanted to go for a technologist, and a dwarf seemed a natural choice for that, as did using guns. Turns out that is actually a pretty hard build in the early game, but after a restart and a bit of rethinking of stat distributions (some more CHA for more followers, for instance), I did manage to get past the thugs in Shrouded Hills. Or at least my followers did.

I didn't get that far yet, just preparing to set off to the isle of despair, but I'm liking the game a lot so far. I made an elephant gun and handcannon for myself, so I'm pretty much set in the offensive department, and currently I'm debating whether or not to go for more smithy and mechanical (and to ultimately be able to build an automaton as another helper), or to go for something else.

The plot development seems pretty good so far, though I'm still a bit fuzzy on why my character would be so motivated to get to the bottom of this case with the crashed blimp. It's not like trying to get a waterchip to let the people you've known your entire life survive, so to say. Not that it matters much, and the comparison with Fallout seems quite apt, in terms of how the game world feels. If you'd take Fallout and replace the post-apocalyptic setting for a steampunk setting, and perhaps made the game world even bigger, you'd get pretty close to Arcanum. Or at least that's my impression so far.

3. yndiana Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm currently playing Overwatch and Baldur's Gate II EE!

4. BasilShim Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Currently trying hard not to suck at X-COM UFO Defence (so far 3-4 New Games in a weekend) and also playing Fire Emblem: Binding Blade (like one mission in a week or two)

5. Tassadar Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Just Overwatch for the past... year :/

6. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Picked up an old game I still had running in Jagged Alliance 2. I'd already taken over Drassen, Alma, Cambria, and Balime, though I couldn't train any militia in Balime yet, so I lost that again. No matter, there is not much of importance there. So I made my way to Grumm instead, just with my core group of three mercs (created myself, courtesy of the unofficial 1.13 patch). First ran into a group of 20+ guys, no big deal, then ran into another group of 31 guys, still not a big deal.

Finally arriving in Grumm, the first area was guarded with another 28 guys. Business as usual, and it was a night assault, so not too troublesome. I'd gotten them down to 16 guys, when I look at the map to check how many guys there were left, and suddenly there are 60 guys in the area. As I mentioned before, only 32 guys can enter one area at a time, so the others were waiting to arrive until I got rid of some of guys there. It's not quite as bad as that one time in Drassen, where they tried to take it back with 94 guys, but 72 guys in a single battle is still quite a lot.

Anyway, I have a metric crap ton of loot to sift through and organise, and that's without even having most of the loot from the two groups that I encountered on the way to Grumm. Those are waiting to be picked up by some other mercs, probably Shank will be picking up the humvee and then be picking up some loot (the humvee was the main reason to go to Balime, actually).

7. WickedPrince Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

TOEE/Co8. But having a lot of trouble trying to find monk weapons that aren't exotic other than the quarterstaff - gave up on using that and just using fists so I can use Stunning Fist sometimes.

8. RockbadgerX Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Resourceful

Currently going super retro and again playing Wizardy 1 (I was a tween when it first came out). Also playing DC Online on PS4 - and I am blown away about how awesome this game is even when playing for free. It's not a new game, but if you haven't checked it I so recommend it. Plus I'm playing Gems of War. Anybody know it. I'm the guild master. My guild is 'KittyCave' and we're currently ranked 260-ish worldwide. That's awesome.
    On a side note my 18 year old son is smashing it out retro style with his online buddies playing Age of Empires 2 and Heroes of Might and Magic III (HD improved version). As well as Overwatch, and Warcraft 3 online with all these crazy missions. Plus CounterStrike.

9. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Currently starting a NG+ of Mass Effect Andromeda - i'm glad i waited until they patched out most of the bugs and fixed some of the animation problems before i gave it a try - I'm enjoying it for what it is, though i'm still a bit salty on how much they dropped the ball on it - there's so much more potential here if only if the devs had been able to polish it up just a bit more.