1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

When to dual Priest of Lathander?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Deathmage, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I'm a starting P.o.L (Priest of Lathander). By "starting" I mean starting from BG2. Now, I want to dual him into a fighter, but when should I do that? Straight away? I'm thinking when I reach level 10 or so...

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Wait until you get the holy symbol. Though that takes allot longer.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    If you don't want to wait to get the symbol, which you usually get at some time in ToB, I would dual him at lvl 14-15, that way you can have at least one lvl 7 spell. :rolling:

4. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I would suggest level 11 for 6th level spells, or level 14 or 17 because that is when you get 7th level spells. The only problem could be the amount of xp needed for level 12, 15 or 18 fighter. These are 1 million, 1.75 million or 2.5 million xp in the fighter class. It will depend on how patient you are.

Hope this helps.

Just remembered that the last level of cleric possible is 24, one below obtaining the Holy Symbol :( . You would not be able to get cleric skills back if you did this due to the 8 million xp cap. And it requires 3.6 million xp in cleric class alone.

[ August 25, 2002, 00:59: Message edited by: Khazraj ]

5. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Maybe I should stick with the cleric, only reason I want to dual is for the 5*s in Flails for the Flail of Ages... :D maybe I should start again as a fighter then, no wait, then I won't get to choose a kit.

6. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

It is still possible to do it, but you would need to use an xp cap remover, they have one at SP. Then you could simply dual class at level 25 cleric for the Symbol. The ride back up to level 26 fighter "only" needs 4.5 million xp. Do you like soloing ubercharacters?

7. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Thanks guys, but I started a half-elven Fighter/Cleric. Thanks again.

8. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

If you still want that priest of lathander kit, then you could always use shadow keeper to chance the cleric part of the mc fighter/cleric to that kit.

9. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Weapon Grand Mastery (*****) is overrated. IMO Specialized (**) is enough unless you happen to have extra proficiency points coming out your ears. In no case do I see a reason to go further than Mastery (***).

Your choice of mc Fighter/Cleric is much better for ToB than a dc Cleric/Fighter. :)

10. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Anyway, while the dual-class level is still an open question - the best time to dual is level 15, because that is the time when your Skeletons transform into Skeletal Wariors :cool: and you get a 7th level spell at 14.

11. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The later you dual the less hp's you have :(
    It doesn't really differ that much though

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Note: Fighters dualled into clerics do get weapon grandmastery. Although, they cannot dual into a cleric kit. I'm more of a fan of this method, since the bonus kit spells generally are not that useful.

[ August 29, 2002, 23:30: Message edited by: Rastor ]

13. Walker Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Anyone notice that Anomen is a dualed fighter to cleric, and he does get the holy symbol of Lathander at the right time. I was surprised to find that out, so does someone who duals from fighter to cleric get holy symbol?
    :confused:

14. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Probably, since he then counts as a cleric, plus he's dualed from Fighter to Cleric and I'm planning the other way round.

Anomen is a cheater! He can't Dual-Class to cleric; his Wisdom is too low. Cheater!

*chucks rock at Anomen*

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Along the same vein, how the heck did Minsc become a ranger? He doesn't have the stats for it.

The NPCs don't have to follow the same rules for that kind of thing that PC chars do.

16. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Edwin does

17. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

They cheat why shouldt we? :mad: Run for it :grin: :grin: :grin:

18. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Parvini, what is the relevance in that? Yes, Edwin has the stats to become a mage and he did. I'd say he cheats too because of that Amulet of his. I was attempting to make a point that NPCs cheat and I never saw Edwin even show up anywhere in the discussion.

Strangely enough, that's the same argument I see on most powergamer websites.

Of course, the cheating isn't limited to NPCs. NPC mages oftentimes cast even while they should be interrupted. If they didn't, one mage would be somewhat of a pushover for a party of fighters, wouldn't he? We'd have to have every fight be against an army of mages.

19. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Posted by Rastor:
    Boo's stats are added to Minsc's, but it doesn't show in the character record.

20. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Then what are his real stats?? :confused:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.