1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots as well as access many other forum features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a truly friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this excellence is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today and convince yourself!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.

Which book are you reading currently? #8

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by dmc, Nov 5, 2012.

1. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I got the first fire and ice book as a present, and while reading it, realised that I'd actually had read it once before quite a few years before. Well, I don't think I actually finished it then, as I didn't like it. But I slogged through it the second time, skipping over the parts I disliked the most.

I got some of the other books as well, I managed to slog through a few of those as well, but in the end, I still didn't like it. So when the series came out, I completely ignored it. My girlfriend watched it for a while, though. But even she was fast forwarding through most of the episodes because it was quite boring.

2. Keneth Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

I'm actually okay with the series. A liberal amount of exposed titties probably helps. :D

3. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bring on #bastardbowl and #cleganebowl! :p

4. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I understand that was/is a major appeal for a certain demographic, yes. Perhaps it would be ok to run in the background while playing a game and occasionally glancing over. Or muting the sound, if the dialogue is too annoying to stand.

5. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'll bring the cookies.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The GoT series being boring? :hmm: Now that's something I haven't heard before.

7. Keneth Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016
  9. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm reading Watership Down which is one of the few novels I've kept since childhood.

10. henkie

Media:
    I read the book a long time ago, and always found it amusing when people would watch the film, expecting it to be a kids film. I've got it on my reader and should re-read it some time, but currently amusing myself with some Lovecraftian 'horror'. One wonders if the horror of the unknown (and unknowable, given Lovecraft) was ever really a thing. But amusing, as I said.

Found out recently that Neal Asher finally released some new books, his sci-fi is usually reliably fun to read, so should pick the book (or books by the time I get around to it) some time.

11. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
  12. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm reading the Desert Spear right now, so it's good to see that I will be able to finish the series without needing to wait.

13. WickedPrince Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Dang, I have to put that one on order. I've chatted with Brett via emails, he's pretty cool and this series is very good. I just picked this one up: http://amzn.to/2haot50 I've chatted briefly with her too.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2017
  14. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Halfway thru Guns at Last Light, book three in the Rick Atkinson Liberation Series. Excellent read for any WWII fan. About Western Allied war efforts. Book one covers North Africa, book two covers Italy. Book three covers Normandy to Berlin. Really like the light he puts our leaders in. Brings them back down to earth. I would love to be a fly on Churchill’s shoulders...

15. dainnana Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise