1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which fight are you more proud of? (or the hardest?, or the funniest?)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Maincarast'รจ, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Istolil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I think I will always remember backstabbing Irenicus in Suldanessalar for 196 points of damage with a poisoned short sword of backstabbing. I don't think I could ever duplicate it again. It was so great to watch him explode into chunks as his contingencies went off. Nothing but chunks flying out of a blue sphere with a rock (stone skin) jutting out of the centre. LOL That was the best and funniest fight I've ever had in BG2.

2. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@chevalier

Dragon...Saradush...not ringing any bells for me.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    This is in the expansion. Chev obviously though he was posting in the ToB forum...

4. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31

Heheh. Actually, I should have been more specific. I don't remember there being a dragon in Saradush. But I didn't notice we were in SoA either.

5. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Maybe Chev was trying to mention the dragon in Suldanessalar and got his games crossed.

Its a pity when they fall apart so young...

6. Argohir Gems: 10/31

The hardest:The first time I played BG2,I kill firkraag after a dozen tries.I switched off the speaker during the fight because I was so thrilled...
    The proudest:the last time I killed Firkraag.I fought both Firkraag and the mage at the same time and I didn't cast any protection.I talked to Firkraag and he attacked first.My sorcerer and fighter kicked his ass while others take care of that mage
    The funniest:The fights with Kangaxx the Demi-Lich.While he is trying to imprison my Berserker,I am laughing to him...

7. Algarion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Is it even possible to fight booth Firekrag and the mage at the same time? IIRC the mage teleports away even before you get a chance to turn Mr. F hostile.

8. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I still remember the time I hit Shangalar with a critical hit backstab.

Liches looks so funny when they explode :evil:

I think I still have a screenshot of it somewhere. I should print it out and hang it over my bed :grin:

9. Argohir Gems: 10/31

No,if you say you will rescue the girl after killing Firkraag;he doesn't teleport away and join the fight.(at least in The Darkest Day)

10. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Killed the Shadow dragon before he even spoke once :) Wasn't bad even though I do say so myself. Hit him with 4 critical hits all at the same time and watched him explode into tiny shadow-pieces, then nicked his scales for me thief's new set of armour. I wore those scales with pride...

11. ShaineCoradara Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I remember when Dad killed the shadow dragon...
    He had his entire party all revved up & ready to go kick dragon butt. Then, after 4 out of 6 chars died, Dad was down to like his last spell (besides the ones that don't help during a battle), which was the cromatic orb thingy. He cast it, thinking "well, better get ready to restart the battle". But it killed it! Dead, stone, not moving, not breathing dead dragon! That was a terrific day for "Kerisay the Great" (I gave him that nickname...it bugs him :) )

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.