1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which mod would you like to see reviewed?

Discussion in 'Mod Reviews' started by Taluntain, May 5, 2004.

1. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I agree. The alternate PC's available should be reviewed properly. That'd be awesome. Still waiting for Weimer's mod to see the light... 'Sigh'

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I too would very much like to see the Kelsey mod reviewed.

*** Major Request for Future Mod Reviews ***

One of the only things I like about PC Gamer magazine is that at the end of each review, they have a "Good," "Bad," and "Bottom Line." It nicely sums up the bulk of the review, and for me, that determines whether or not I need to read the whole review. A summation on all reviews would be nice.

ALSO

Can we make each mod review into a poll? The only question being "Did you find this review helpful yes/no?" Can we set the poll so that you can see the results before voting?

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I was going to do Kelsey next, but due to the current state of Tashia, I'm not. I was also planning on doing Chloe, but her romance won't work for me, so I'm not going to bother.

I fully intend to eventually get to Kelsey, but it's at least two run-throughs away.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    DR, short of reposting all the reviews again (and losing all the comments in the threads), there's no way to insert polls in. And if people could vote on mod reviews anonymously, it'd be easy for disgruntled mod reviewers to flood the rating with bad grades, for example. I think that having it as it is now, i.e. so that we can see who makes each comment, makes more sense.

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ Tal

I didn't mean to insert polls in existing reviews, just add them into future ones. I see your point about the polls, though I don't necessarily think we would get a significant amount of review hate-spam, but hey - I'm often surprised by things.

My request for the "bottom line" thing still stands. That'd be snazzy.

6. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

It would be interesting to see a Valen review.

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Actually, Valen is my next project.

8. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

I'm about to start an evil protagonist, most likely using the Anti-Paladin kit that comes with the Tactics mod, so I'm looking for a mod with an evil NPC, preferably with thief skills. This is why I would like to see Valen covered.

Any other evil NPC mod that can be reviewed would be nice too.

Edited: I won't be using the Anti-Paladin kit. In fact I'm uninstalling the entire Tactics mod since I have had a hard time finding anything that's not cheesy in there. :sick:

[ August 04, 2004, 10:46: Message edited by: Earl Grey ]

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We're short on reviewers at the moment, so anyone who is interested, please check my stickies and apply!

10. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@Tal
    I'll will get back into reviewing in a little while, my computer has had some serious issues in the last 2 months. Long story short, I'm replacing my old computer with a new one and will be able to write up some reviews for the site

11. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I'd like to see IWG2 reviewed, to see if it's worth it. So that's icewind gate 2, one of Weimer's mods. thx.

12. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Wouldn't it be better to wait until it's finished, rather than reviewing a dodgy beta-ish thingy?

13. Taluntain

Media:
    Yes, we don't review mods until they're finished.

14. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I would really like to see the BG1 NPC banter pack reviewed. If I have some time in a month or so I'd like to try it myself.

15. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I would like to see reviews of some of the less well-known NPC mods. Valen comes to mind immediately, but since Aldeth's already taking it on, I won't labour the point. "The Longest Road" is another mod I would be very interested in seeing reviewed, as it's just been released.

On a related note, thumbs up to the reviews I've read so far - the only mod I've installed without reading a review has been Valen, and they've all been very helpful. I think having a "Bottom Line" section would be helpful, but not essential.

16. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I would like to see a review done of Redemption, especially as Ascension is almost becoming a defacto MOD nowadays.

17. Ashara Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I would really like to see the BG1 NPC banter pack reviewed. If I have some time in a month or so I'd like to try it myself.

If the rules of this board are to stick with the reviews of complete mods, than BG1NPC does not qualify for a review - we have released only Phase I. I'd ask for delaying the review until such time when Phase III is released. My opinion is mostly based on the fact that quite often things mentioned as missing in the mod (interjections, scenery dialogues, PC-initiated dialogues, NPC quests, more romances) are actually being diligently covered by Phase II and Phase III.

18. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

That's too bad ashara, do you have a release date for phase 3 yet or at least a ball part?

Great work BTW, if it gets finished it must be a blast :thumb:

19. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

To my knowledge, February is the earliest date for that. Don't consider this as official though, certainly.

20. Ashara Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thank you.

It *will* be finished - or rather asymptotically finished, since mods like that can always take much much more of everything.

I think we will be able to release at least interjections and scenery in October (Phase II) and Phase III is scheduled for February 2005 and will take what written material would be left (romances mostly maybe more complex quests), as Baronius have noted.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.