1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who Killed PoR?

Discussion in 'Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor' started by SoCo, Feb 21, 2003.

1. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Wow this section is dead. D e a d, Dead.

I Started playing this game today and I think i know why this section of BoM is dead...

:nolike:

I just got into the first dungean and allready this game is going to get uninstalled. It's so SLOW! And boring. :(

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yup, it is dead, no one enters it, the game sucks and this is a waste of space. I hope that cleared it up for you :)

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Make sure that you have the uninstall patch or this section won't be the only thing that's dead.

4. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Witch one is the uninstall patch?

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ah yes, the uninstal patch, using it was the best part of the game. The developers must have screwed with the uninstal option purposing in an attempt to force people to keep the game on their computers. Luckily, some bright spark made the Patch of Uninstalation, the patch that would save the POR playing world...

7. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    If the game is so rubbish and no-one uses the forum, why is the forum here? :)

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Same reason why libraries keep 500 year old books. Someone might want to look something up there at one point. And because it doesn't cost us anything to leave this forum here.

9. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

LoL :D

PoR sucks,that is the reason for the section to be dead.

10. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Hey, think of the good that can come from leaving this forum here.

A person can look up PofR, find out that what a lame and worthless piece of crap it is, and save himself the $10 U.S. (going rate I think) that it isn't worth.

:D

On the other hand, there's plenty of other sites and reviews that fulfill that vital and crucial function (vital and crucial to the CRPG world that is).

11. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Oh come on, it's not that bad. o.k. maybe it is, but I find the slower turn-based play a nice change of pace every once in a while. :hmm:

12. dshadow Gems: 8/31

My god! Someone who actually liked the game! We should get you stuffed and mounted on the wall, you may well be one of a kind.

13. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] You're right i'm one of a kind, however my wife alreadry had me stuffed & mounted ;)

but really, i've waited for that game since i played the original, so i try to overlook the shortcomings.

14. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

You wanna know who killed POR? Ubisoft did!
    It is the worst piece of crap ever created :p

15. Dragon-kin Lieutenant Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Follow the yellow brick road my dearies. What's wrong with this game?

Yeah, yeah its cliche but I kinda like splitting heads oh the wraith's death is so cool.

And the spells are incredible, that's why people play it.

Ubisoft ruled multiplayer with this game for years.

Nother question..what level in multiplayer do you get a dragon? Level 60?

16. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I thought it was a band of adventurers that had been bonded to Tyranthraxus that killed the Pool of Radiance with the Gauntlet of Moander after vanquishing Tyranthraxus the Flamed One.

17. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Aren't you confusing Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds? IIRC they only get bonded to Tyranthraxus and kill him with the Gauntlet in the sequel. They just destroy the Pool in the first game (well, they also "kill" his dragon form, but that doesn't seem to stop him from wreaking havoc in the sequel)

18. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    You're right, that was the sequel.
    I don't recall how they got rid of the pool in the first game. I just remember that after I beat the Copper Dragon his spirit was sucked into the pool that disappeared.

It's been about 10 years since I played either game to its conclusion. Too bad they never released an Apple II version of Secret of the Silver Blades and Pools of Darkness.

Continued here.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  19. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I thought the game was playable, though it was certainly not very good. I did have the latest patched version and the "speed fix", the latter possibly being absolutely required to play the game. It does cut off about half the playing time or, more accurately, the time required to finish the game. The game has some nice ideas buried in there, but unfortunately not enough to compensate for the endless hacking and slashing, the bugs (even the latest patch still had its share), the endless underground levels...

Not the worst game I've played (well, I did manage to finish it), but still below average.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2009
  20. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

This forum is here for old farts like me who still load up the orig PoR sometimes and this version too!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.