1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why has no one made it so Drizzt can join your party?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Piotyr Holyblade, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Piotyr Holyblade Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The name says it all. If anyones working on it or is going to work on it can you please e-mail me at piotyr@charter.net O and can you please tell me if theres some way to keep drizzts swords at the end of soa? I have a drizzt but its hacked(I would rather have him join me and maybe have better voice and some banter throwen in there) and I'm not sure if I can keep his swords after that one point in the game.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  3. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] There was also a cheat that could ad him as a helpper...

4. Kenshiro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I think this person is basically asking if someone can design Drizzt as a in-game NPC, ala Kelsey, complete with voice acting(cause that British voice they have for him does NOT fit with the voice I have in my head-I more think of D from Vampire Hunter D-the original film). So, anyone psycho enough to embark on building yet another NPC for BG2/TOB? I bet I'm not the only person who'd love to have a legit Drizzt, with dialogues and all on your group.

5. Piotyr Holyblade Gems: 1/31

Yeah Man! Ill give a butt load of emus to who ever does it! I want a little bit of party banter. A good voice useing the sounds from bg1 and 2. And a way to just have him join you'r party when you meet him. and make him alittle buffer then the one from the hack that makes it so you can bring him in now, I mean he dies as easy as anyone else in my party(Not that I want him to buff but I want him to be at least alittle buffer then most of my party). O and don't forget a way to make it so his stuff isent taken after you meet him cause that would suck ass. Thank you to anyone who will do this and I will help out in anyway I can(Tho I have no idea how I could) and I will be you're best friend for life!(Or stay away from you your whole life whatever you want).

6. Kenshiro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Ack, don't use the voice from BG1 and 2. They use the same one in Baldurs gate Dark Alliance, and God if it don't kill the thrill of meeting Drizzt when you hear that damn English fop sounding voice.

7. Piotyr Holyblade Gems: 1/31

What voice should they use then? Might as well go with whats already made for less work ya know?

O and Kenshiro think about iming me on aim and maybe we can look for a moder and help him out(Again I have no idea how) together.

Piotyr Holyblade is my aim name.

[This message has been edited by Piotyr Holyblade (edited June 14, 2002).]

8. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

But there's the fact that he's Drow and would be pretty much Immune to magic with a few item's.
    the thing I diden't like about the Salufein mod is how damn over powered he was. remove the XP Cap, have him as your only NPC character, and he eventually get's well and truly above and beyond cheese if he's played right :mad:

9. dragoon169 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

what would be cool for drizzt is that they would make him have a lv.20 fighters abilities(thac0 and what not, since his basically was a fighter and only when he came to the surface did he become a ranger)and then be like a lv. X ranger when you meet him...oh and an ability that blinds enemies :)

10. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Boring. Now you're just changing the storyline of BG if you think Drizzt should be a joinable NPC. Drizzt has his own quest, his own agenda and his own damn storyline. The fact that he's IN Baldurs Gate ticks me off. I've read the books and there is 'no' reason for him to help you and there wasn't even a time when all 5 of them were together at Amn with the weapons you find them wielding.

11. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Drizzt sure is a Character with a big C. Still I don't think it's a good idea. If you want those well-known D&D heroes to join you, you could as well play some kind of adventure/action game. This is a roleplaying game and what is important in RPG's you can create your own character, make decisions about his fate and stuff. Basically, YOU make the story, you don't follow the story like in some book. Besides, there is too much fuss about Drizzt.. Why not Kaz the Minotaur, Artemis Entreri, or Bupu the Gully dwarf.

EDIT: I'm so sick and tired of Drizzt I kill him everytime I see him. Not because of his stuff, just because I don't like him.

12. casey Gems: 15/31

Because I don't know them :)

But how about some mod where Drizzt plays a slightly larger part in the game, and help's with some challange or other?

13. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

You mean like Bhodi's lair? That's a pretty 'big' part of the game. You already have a sidequest involving Jarlaxe not to mention you meet Elminster on more than one occasion. Volo shows up every now and again. There is mention of the Nameless One in spellhold also.

Hell lets open all of Salvatore's characters, Cadderly next and the Bouldershoulder brothers!

14. casey Gems: 15/31

Abomination:
    It's only Drizzt that I was interested in and no one else, and Bodhi's lair, yes it's a big part of the game plot wise, but gameplay wise I personally found it to be small.

and what's with this nameless one? the only thing I know about the forgoten realms is what's in BG 1 and 2 the majority of the player's and mamber are not avid followers of the series I would think.

15. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

@ Casey: I think all BG fans do know Forgotten Realms as well as their pockets, most of them are familiar with Dragonlance, Greyhawk and Ravenloft also. I just wonder how can you know Drizzt but not Artemis Entreri.

16. Lacessit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

OK, I don't know for 'most BG fans' (I'm one and quite a big one too) but I sure as hell didn't know anyhting about forgotten realms before I started playing BG. The reason we know about Drizzt is because he's in BG I and II. By hanging out on forums such as these I have by now learned that Drizzt is this incredibly mythical figure from this guy Salvatore's books. Big Deal. Now if some-one wants to make a mod putting him in BG as an NPC nobody would come and force you to play the mod right? So what's all the whining about? I wouldn't download it, but I think it's a bit pointless telling people they're not allowed to build a mod because Drizzt wouldn't agree. (I know you didn't SAY that, but allow me the hyperbole)
    If somebody wanted to make a mod that puts Aragorn in BG, well good luck to them! See if I care (oh and I am VERY familiar with JRR T) Might even download that one :p

17. casey Gems: 15/31

Mayfairy: well I don't count among all Bg fans then, but if someone offered or I knew a place where I could learn all this I would be willing.

I just don't want to end up spending $100's over some game series

18. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Lacessit there put it right. It's the same as with people who don't like the Imoen Romance mod. Who told you to play it? And as in the case of Imoen Romance I'm happier that it's there than if it wasn't, then I must think the same way in this case as well.

I don't like the idea of Drizzt joining the player's party. Knowing his loyalty to his companions and how much he's got on his hands anyway, it's accurrate enough to say he wouldn't join the player character. Should such a mod be made, I would stay far away from it out of principle. Still, it only makes the mod community richer if such a thing was made. Besides, the best of products -which roleplayers should know extremely well- are those aimed for a particular audience, not those aimed to please all and end up being shallow lame cashmakers no-one *really* likes.

As for majority of BG fans being familiar with general D&D lore as well, I would disagree with that one. The Nameless One can be known from PS:T, a game by the same company.
    Artemis Entreri should be known by all Drizzt fans since he's Drizzt's nemesis in the books. And yes you should read the books as Drizzt's entire character is entirely worthless without them. They're rather action-packed and emotional, so newer and younger readers often find a liking to them even if they didn't usually like reading books (that's Dark Elf Trilogy, and Icewind Dale trilogy, if you want to get the essential information... those are also the only really good books on him).
    But going as far as Bupu from Dragonlane, and Ravenloft assumes fantasy literature is already a more serious hobby. Even I don't know anything beyond the little I've heard from Ravenloft, and I've read well over 40 books on D&D.

19. casey Gems: 15/31

Would it be entirely immpossible if there was a TC made with Drizzt and freinds in it? maybe based on one of his books? I hear that something like thats been done for Dragonlance why not Drizzt?

I don't have much of an Imagination but maybe instead of you been the leader Drizzt's the leader and your story (not the Bhaal story but something unique) crosses over with Drizzt and you get instructed on what to do/ where to go etc... or whatever, if there is a modder that's a fan of Drizzt and enjoys modding and is clever with a good amount of Drizzt knowledge, and some imagination there is no reason that it would be unachivable, to come up with something successfuly.

(sorry about the spelling mistakes that I probably have there but it's late and I'm tired as ****)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.