1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by SleepleSS, Apr 24, 2002.

1. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Then this one question comes to mind, why does the nameless one have a blue skin? I mean normal people arn't bleu and undeads arn't blue. He is the only one in the entire game (Correct me if I'm wrong) That is bleu. But he had a blank skin in his first live (As you can see in the intro movie) Does the planescape rolebook or other things say anything about blue skin, is it a sideaffect of losing your mortality? (What color was ravels skin?) I want to know!

2. Trias Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

#Spoiler#
    His skin is grey,not blue,however i think the cause is Ravel's ritual,when she pulled out his mortality,so he pratically he is without a soul(in my opinion...)

3. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

No it IS bleu or grey with a bleu tint :), and yes it could be part of the ritual, but I'm not sure avout that

4. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I was under the impression that his skin was completely covered in scars and had lost all of its original color, having been replaced entirely with scar tissue.

5. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] No it's not entirely covered with scar tissue. Remember onr of Morte's first lines? The scars on your chest aint that bad.. so there must be his skin colour, but why has this changed...

[This message has been edited by SleepleSS (edited April 24, 2002).]

6. Trias Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Maybe Ravel lied and simply used on TNO a Abi Dalzim's horrid wilting...
    -spoiler-i just remembered that when you merge with The Trascendent One (i loved his voice!:grin: ) your body doesn't change at all,so the ritual isn't the cause...

7. ArchAngel Guest

He is immortal right?

So he doesn't have to use blood and stuff, which normally colour our skin. He looks bluish grey and dead. Which I quite appropiate.

8. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I agree completely, he should have fair elven skin. Gray (gray, not blue) is totally inappropriate for a person who looks like a corpse.

9. Hmmm, my sarcasm-o-meter seems to have exploded.

Archangel is right on this one.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] His skin is not blue. If you're seeing it blue, you need to either adjust your monitor colour or get a new pair of glasses. Or eyes, if you still see blue after fixing all of that. :D

Here, I'll prove it to you that his skin is grey: http://www.sorcerers.net/tormentbg.jpg

(P.S. He IS coloured blue on some cover art though, but that's just for the better effect against the crimson background. It's not what he looks like in the game or anywhere else.)

11. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Yeah, I was shocked when I discovered he was indeed grey, but there is a light bleu glow coming from him. I don't know why I thought he was bleu but I was just pretty sure ogf it yesterday, before I started playing.

I think indeed his colour is grey since his body is dead, while his mind is not...

12. herf Guest

ArchAngel, he may not use blood but he still bleeds, hence he gives up some of his blood for the alchemist to make the colt charms.
    And for him to heal fast his blood has to be the actual healing agent, so therefore for his wounds to heal he needs blood, and also pumping blood, so the blood is pumping around his body, so it would colour his skin.

Think of an old white person... Don't they seem to lose their pinkness over time? I think this is just what happened to the Nameless One, he is just so old he doesn't have any colour pigmentation in his skin anymore. Or his body has just healed itself so many times it's useless the make it pink...
    (The fact that his hair's still black has nothing to do with my arguement...)

13. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] About his Black hear, wasn't that an other colour to, in the intro movie? Maybe I'm wrong again, (Wish I had a game lying in here!) But I wonder...

And another question, why did Annah/Paroth/The Dustmen not take that pretty cool looking belt he is wearing? It must be worth more than the note and the ring Pharod had. And why is the game never talking about that belt it looks so impressing!

14. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Black hear? His hearing was black? It's not hear or bleu, it's hair and blue. And his hair was black.

The belt? Looks like a cheap piece of leather with bits of old bone stuck to it.

15. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

:) Sorry I'm just a bad speller, and iprobably wrote that one wrong to ;)

Okay Hair it is and I know his skin is not bleu nor blue it's grey!

:shame:

16. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

The Grey Waste bleeds the color out of everything that enters it. We know Nameless One has been there... That's how I always assumed he became grey.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.