1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Will there be prequel or sequel to Planescape?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Psilon2999, May 12, 2001.

1. Psilon2999 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Anyone know...it is such a great story and a wonderful game.

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

A sequel?
    No. :(

A game is as what you said?
    Yes. :)

3. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

There is very little chance of another PT game (its been discussed here a few times and lack of comercial success counts against it badley).

However, there is some hope. Most of the team who developed it are working on a game called 'Torn'. I've just read about this in June's PC Zone, which probably means Darien was posting details on the front page news section of Sorcerer's several weeks ago. You could check the archives or see if there is anything to interest you at:
    http://torn.blackisle.com/

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Hm, I think Torn will be more like Fallout with magic and races inside. But that also sounds good to me.
    And it's probably just BI's answer to Troika's Arcanum!

Never mind, if both games get what they wrote, we'll soon have another two jewels to play (and I hope two new forums here). :D

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Please come and discusss this sequel/prequel topic on my topic at http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000202.html.

And yes torment was a wonderful game :D

Extremist,Herf,Taluntain,Blackthorne TA this is the only link im leaving as it seems in the most apprpoiate place hope that is ok with you.

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited August 05, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited August 07, 2001).]

6. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

If I know correctly, TeamBG plans an unofficial expansion to Torment. It's more than nothing. You can gather some informations about that at this site: http://bronzereflections.50megs.com/

7. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Unofficial expansion, eh? I'll have to keep following that.

It could be great, but I don't want to end up screwing up my game.

8. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Dark side of the swordcoast from TeamBG isn't that bad. But they must make much better than that, because Torment is a much better game, and deserves a great expansion.

9. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Your right Alyr Arkhon torment is a much better game than the Baldurs Gates and any sequel would have to work hard to live up to expectations.

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] I had to revive this oldie for some breaking news (posted by Lusk on SP news, of course).

Let me quote GameSpy's question and Feargus Urquhart (Black Isle Director):
    What do you think?
    /me already drools

link to whole interview: http://www.gamespydaily.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=3364

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 02, 2002).]

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I made a mental note to post that if no one else would.

Too bad that they're not actually working on it... But we can hope for the future...

12. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] And as we keep hoping and waiting.. and keep watching Alice in wonderland, since that is the only work that goes as deep as Torment did..

Well I think we can play the game for the 6ixhundredand6ixty6ixt time, and still find stuff we didn't see before, or maybe getting another feeling of it this time!

Keep us informed! It really deserves a sequel, as long as it is treu to the original. Not like they did with species...

13. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Hmmmmmm...

Everyone keeps talking like PsT was the most awesome game ever. And I thought the plot had a bunch of holes in it (if a plot has holes, in my opinion, it's not a good plot/game).

Maybe it's just the fact I was playing it on a laptop. I think I'll give it another whirl...on my desktop this time.

But if they do a sequel/prequel, it had better have Jennifer Hale in it again. That's all I have to say about that...

14. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Interplay has said that Black Isle will announce another RPG project before E3. Who knows what it can be...

15. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] E3? What's that?

Well now I'm curious...

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] E3 is a major game development fair in LA held near the end May every year. All major game developers and publishers have to be there to show off their stuff.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited May 03, 2002).]

17. Extremist Gems: 31/31

The project will be announced AT not BEFORE E3.

Officially it's stated that this "secret" project is not Black Isle's own work. Also what is officially confirmed is that this project is not called Fallout 3 nor Fallout Tactics 2.

All other things you've perhaps heard about it are pure speculations. There is no "leak" about possible game type - we don't know if it's RPG. No word about rules it uses. Not even a signal if it is PC or Console game.

18. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Damn! I was hoping for a new black isle rpg game, well its still posible, please keep me informed.

I wonder, shall they come up with something totaly new?

19. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Just so you all know, Torn was cancelled and resides in the PC Gaming Graveyard. :(

I highly doubt there will ever be a prequel or a sequel. Quite frankly, as much as I would want to play it, I would not want them to upset the perfection that is Torment.

20. Darkside X Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.