1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wish I could try it

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Dice, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    A lot of people have told me that Planescape:Torment is a really great game so I decided that I'd go look for a copy. Darn it! It is nowhere to be found! I guess it is too old and most of the stores don't carry it anymore :aww:
    I know that I could probably buy a copy from the net but I never use creditcards on the internet.

2. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

You could try to find the three-pack of games with PS:T, Fallout2 and BG1... That is much easier to find than the original PS:T.

3. motub Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

It's called the "Interplay 3-pack". One place this compilation is available is this software outlet in Britain.

If you check the FAQ, you'll find you can send your credit card information via phone, fax, or snail mail, as well as Internet orders, but honestly, ordering over the Internet is no more dangerous than ordering by phone, or mail, or in person. I mean, really-- as if sending your CC information by fax is more secure....?

Just make sure that you are on a secure server when you reach the page where you have to actually enter your CC info-- you should have a little lock symbol in the status bar somewhere, and probably a message saying that you're going to an encrypted site. If you are not directed to a secure site, don't place the order, and contact the company via email to tell them why you didn't complete the order (I had to do this once, and it was an error that they fixed immediately, as any legitimate online store would). This should prevent anyone from seeing your data during transmission.

Also make sure that your browser and/or Windows does not have that "Wallet" thing enabled, and/or do not allow any password, auto-complete, or "fill in this form with remembered values" functions to save your CC data to your HDD. Clear your temporary Internet files (cache) after the order is confirmed via email. This should prevent anyone from seeing your data if your PC is stolen or hacked.

It's not really any different than ordinary physical CC security, and you have access to a huge range of retailers from large ones (Amazon) to independents like the one linked above. It makes shopping for things like this much easier, too.

You might also check E-Bay, which I think now allows you to pay through a PayPal account, which you might find more comfortable.

Hope this helps, but don't buy all the copies-- I want one ;) , and I don't have a credit card :( ! If you think online shopping is tough when you actually have a credit card, try looking for retailers that both ship internationally and also allow non-cc forms of payment-- since many online retailers don't accept international money orders, or even international credit cards....

4. Dice

Media:
    Thanks for the information. I live in Canada so I'm going to see if I can find a closer sourse for the Interplay 3 pack. If I can't find it elsewhere then I will try the site you suggested. I'm glad you guys told me about it because I was about to give up :)

5. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

In addition to all that security stuff I would also make sure there are no trojans, viruses, keyloggers or spyware on your system (which you should be checking for on a regular basis anyway) using anti-virus and anti-spyware software.

All that encryption isn't going to matter if someone is watching or logging the keys you press as you are typing.

6. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Motub, I could almost kiss you if you weren't so utterly vile. I've been searching for PS:T for ages.

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I got it on Saturday! I got that 3-pack thing.... now I am torn, though, which game to play first? Am currently playing a bit of BG, playing a bit of Torment, playing a bit of BG.... :D

Now, I just need to find that darn bone...

8. motub Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Glad to be of help :D .

.....I'm not really that vile.....

9. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

he was lucky who knew a website which had it....(www.gamesmix.com), so know i have it and play it wohoo!!

10. Dice

Media:
    Well, the cousin of a guy I work with works at bioware so I asked my co-worker if he could ask his cousin where I can get a copy. Maybe that will work.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Planescape: Torment was made by Black Isle, not BioWare.

12. Dice

Media:
    Guess I'm outta luck there then. :o I just spent another day scouring the local stores with no luck again.

13. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Did you tried in Amazon? Maybe you will find there a used copy. Allthough i think i have heard that Blackisle has decided to reproduce it because the demand was considerable. ;)

14. The Kilted Crusader

Bloody english postal strike. It's gonna be a while now until I can finally get my hands on PS:T *sigh*

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You can buy it via Amazon.com marketplace - see http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/index.php#game_store

The game will never be re-released in any shape or form, as this was part of the Interplay lawsuit settlement. Interplay waved all rights to Torment (which resulted in even its website being taken down).

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  16. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

So I was really lucky.
    I bought it with a gaming magazine...
    Greatest game ever. (sorry Albion)

17. The Kilted Crusader

Motub, have you (or anyone for that matter) bought from the link you provided? As I have been waiting for around two weeks for the 3-pack to come. Added to that, I've called them up, and there is no answer. :confused:

18. motub Gems: 3/31

Sorry Morningstar, I haven't shopped with them. I hope your package was just delayed/re-routed during the strike, the phone was just out of order when you called, and your package will appear tomorrow on your doorstep. :)

19. The Kilted Crusader

Bah, my e-mail to them never went through to them. I'll just get my money back *sigh*, ah well.

20. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

"You could try to find the three-pack of games with PS:T, Fallout2 and BG1..."

Wow! What could be better than those three in one.. Well, maybe BG2, but I really have to buy that one. Thanks for the info!

[ November 13, 2003, 18:20: Message edited by: Mayfairy ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.