1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wish list

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by chevalier, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

We firstly need a more complete command set. You are the leader of the party, but can't give decent commands in combat. I say direct control over henchmen is not necessary, they should act on their own, but I want a ligther version of the command options given to squad-based games. It already exists in tons of other games, but hasn't been implemented in rpgs yet. This is odd, because there are alot of similarities between a squad of law enforcers and an adventuring party.

Once they get that interface right, it would be a nice step to also include levels of obedience, based on the characters personality.

2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    that is the point for a large part. I want to do things with a hencman that comes close to pen and paper. after all it is 3.5 rules.

for instance simple flanking. If a hencman does not flank by itself, give me the control. Or timing a fireball to hit in the center of a moving group.

Better in SoU? Like dorna? better but not good enough by far. Better in Hotu? The Kotors did it an other step better and, I will say it out loud, good enough. But still so now and then you had to take control to steer the hencman to the right target. Even Kreia.

3. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Dice roll for stats PLEASE! I'm sick and tired of only being able to have average stats for my characters (which was what made BG2 so great) without cheating.

Also seemed as if Weapons where unnecessarily borken down in NWN, use to throwing hammers and throwing axes being part of their respective weapon group. Also there is little style difference between a hand axe and a battle axe or a light hammer and a war hammer, it isn't longsword vs. shortsword here.

I'm also partial to rare player races, doubt they would happen, but would be fun to have some of the races with level adjusts (though no half-dragons please), ones that can pass as human like Aasimar, Nephilim (perferably sets of Aasimar/Nephilim that don't have big white wings broadcasting not human), Tieflings, Cambion (maybe... you might end up under no circumstances being able to pass as human), Yuan-Ti Pureblood, changelings, doppelangers. Some of these creatures may not work for balancing reasons (they are quite powerful after all, however a Yuan-Ti Pure requires as much xp to reach level 6 as a human does to reach level 11)

The Avariel, Aquatic, Wood, Sun and Wild Elves would be nice, Gold and Wild Dwarves, a little more learly of more "odd" races in regards to the surface like Duergar, Drow (unless they have severe problems with town guards and such) or svirfneblin. Things like a Yuan-Ti Pureblood, a doppelanger or a cambion have far more reason to be interacting with human society then something from the underdark.

Oh and I suppose I'd like it if a character of high high charisma, they aren't constantly having their looks complemented, while physical beauty is an aspect of charisma, it isn't one of the same with beauty, if I have character with average beauty, but high leadership skills, powerful personalities and natural magnetism and I'd perfer that they where not called beauty. Same goes with characters with average to low charisma being always ugly, I have attractive characters that shy away from leadership roles and personality's no more forceful then the meek, they won't ever have high charisma because they couldn't inspire a group of pirates to attack an unguarded treasure ship, but just because they're terrible with all non-physical beauty aspects of charisma doesn't mean they're ugly.

I suppose another thing I'd like added to the wish list would be NPCs getting their race's full abilities. Specifically the Yuan-Ti in NWN were really watered down, they didn't have the ability to poison their target among other innate abilities, a lvl 1 Yuan-Ti Pureblood should feel as difficult as a lvl 6 core race character. Rakshasas seemed really whimpy too and they're race with a +7 level adjust. I also would like to see beholders be more like beholders in NWN2, not creatures that in all seriousness don't even deal a single point of damage to me in a fight, seriously, beholders are among the most powerful creatures in the Underdark, a beholder hive still shouldn't be a cake walk for for a low epic level character.

Psionic powers really need a boost as well, as well as magical powers, I don't like it when beholders and Ilithids are less difficult then drow and duergar warriors, nore do I like it when the level 20 wizard falls faster then the lvl 12 fighter, please, please make high level wizards powerful in NWN2.

I think someone said this before, but no non AD+D skills, I hate having to waste skill points on things like Discipline. Also change lore back to it's actuall AD+D counter part.

[ February 02, 2006, 17:56: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

4. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    I still prefer complete party control, ala BG series. No computer AI is even going to come close to being able to handle the strategies and tactics most of us would like to use. Most of the AIs out there have enough trouble just trying to get around corners.
    Rolling stats is much better than point buy, but do it like the rules say (or as most DMs do it). Roll 4d6 twice for each stat (dropping 1d6 for each), pick the best of the two, then assign the set of 6 numbers to the six stats. No infinite re-rolls, no point reassignment, and no point buy.
    If worst comes to worst, let us choose which one to use.

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The points to buy system is not that bad. I mean how high can the stats of a level 1 character be. In BG2 some classes ofton gat higher stats. As a paladin your CHA always was high, no matter what the roll was.

6. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

I would just like a way to reflect that certain characters may be more genetically blessed then others, or that having high stats in one area doesn't prohibit you from having exceptable stats else.

Also really happers trying to create a multi class character that needs casting stats and melee stats since they have much more need for good stats then a pureclass.

7. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I actually prefer the point buy system. It balances the game quite nicely, in my opinion. I know noone's forcing you to roll forever for supreme stats, but it always felt like I was selling myself short if I had non-maxed primary stats in the Baldur's Gate games and the first Icewind Dale. The point buy system nicely represents the sacrifices a character would most likely have to make for high stats (ie the negligence of other attributes).

If it must be dice rolls, then I would prefer it to be in the mould of pen and paper and Temple Of Elemental Evil, ie 6 lots of best 3 out of 4, each assigned to a stat with racial bonuses/penalties applied afterwards. It was the ability to add and take points freely between stats that made it too tempting to min/max in the 2nd Edition games.

Still, I prefer the balancing that point buying offers. It is also worth noting that in a game such as Neverwinter Nights where online play is a large part of the appeal, such as system levels the playing field a bit more. While I rarely play NWN1 online, the horror stories of entire servers populated solely by Fighter 29/Bard 1/Dragon Disciple 10 and Paladin 1/Sorcerer 39 characters are bad enough. At least the point buy system encourages some variation, limiting heavy focus on more than one or two stats while offering rewards in the form of epic feats for high stats. So, for example, unless you're going all the way to level 40 as a barbarian its hard to all the best rages as well as additional damage reduction. Of course munchkinism is still very much a possibility, but it should at least be something that requires a little thought, planning and/or effort to achieve.

[ February 01, 2006, 16:16: Message edited by: Will ]

8. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    With limited rerolls, there is much less temptation to roll infinitely, as the only way to do this would be to re-make the character. It also allows a more realistic depiction of a character. I have great dexterity, inteligence, wisdom, and constitution, with moderate strength and not-bad charisma, but that would be impossible to represent in a point-buy system. I like how ToEE had both systems. That one really worked for me.

9. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

if they don't put in a dice roll system I'll just stick with SetSTAT to make my characters the way they should be, don't play online so it doesn't matter in the least how badly I abuse the limits of the NWN stat system.

As I said before, the by point system doesn't really allow for genetic diversity, hell I know people in real life who you couldn't statistically create in NWN and they're no adventurer.

10. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I'm 99.9% behind the points buy system. Rolling for stats is just pointless since people will just re-roll till they get 17-18 in everything so they might as well not bother rolling in the first place, open Gate/Dale-keeper and set the damn stats to 17-18 each - save yourselves some damn time.

The 0.1% I don't agree with the points buy system is how the more you invest into a particular stat you have diminishing returns, such as going from 16 to 17 costs 3 points yet going from 10 to 11 only costs 1. The benefit/cost ratios seems a bit out of whack so I very rarely put any stat higher than 14 unless my character is a casting class.

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Eaxctly. Which is why it's so funny when people show off about the high stats they have managed to roll.

12. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

It's like showing off how much money you made on a one armed bandit computer game where you don't use any real money in the machiene. "Look how lucky I got at no risk!"

13. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

ummm.... I don't know if I'm necessarily giving you the right info on the Pureblood level adjust, the 3.5 Monster manual lists it as a +5 level adjust, however WotWC's website's special little edition on the Pureblood is giving it a +2 level adjust...

Why can't WotWC just keep things simple?

14. Merlanni

Media:
    In the points to buy system we must cap the lowestr value of a score and put repurcussions on it.

Int: With a value of 8, a character cannot speak properly(according to the helptext in games) and gets lame dialogue options , or less text. Persons mock him/her, severe appraise penalty's etc etc. This is teh one that games do not seem to use. You know what I mean. The text you get is ofton the same with any character. It is also wise to limit weapons and feats to INT. A warrior must be able to learn weapon focus, or exotic prof. so low Int, no exotic weapons, of powerful fighter feats.
    Dex: No one will limit DEX to much. I will name one reason and that is attack of opportunity.
    STR: no need to talk about that one. but you need some of it when you travel trough caves, wild terrain, mountains etc etc
    CHA: Also one that we plunder for wizards and fightertypes. Again how can anyone with a score lower than 8 be part of a group, or find someone to talk to. Or invite good hechman
    WIS: How glad are we not when our character makes a will save?
    CON: The one most will not plunder. the hitpoints, the concentration, the save against poison/dissease, we all get it.

So why not set them at 9 or 10, fixed, and then put the rest of the points in the prime stats. and then comes the second hurdle. A level one character cannot have stats up to 18. It is a rookie, arrow/wall fodder. It cannot have the muscle of a seasond fighter, or the smart of an strong wizard.

Points to buy, roll dice it does not matter. What matters is the limits on the use of points to make balanced characters. so set a level 1 min and max for a stat and problem is solved. (Up to a certain point that is)

And to answer Ilmater's question. Because when it is made simple we would not play this type of game.

15. Halasz Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

ELEMENTAL ARCHONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

16. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It looks like druids are going to get jack, once again. They're adding something like 5 more druid spells on top of the ones in NWN. Mages get something like 30 new spells. Man I loved my druid in Temple of Elemental Evil. They were done so well in that game and it really showed the true power of this very fun class. Ah well...

17. Halasz Gems: 7/31

I just hope they choose to add IWD2 spells to the game........BG2 made druids a little different, they didn't get any damaging spells til' like level 14!!!

I hope they for sure make the druids similar to IWD2, they were like a cross between cleric and wizard :)

And...I think its kind of dumb that they will have the possibility to be a cleric of the elemental god but not let you be an archon :(

18. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I hope for a romance with a dwarven female barbarian/cleric of Haela Brightaxe (companion).
    We would do everything together: Frolicking in the grassy hills, decapitating evil creatures, exploring the world, cut our way out of a Purple Worm and other romantic ideas for dates.

I also hope for a civilised, witty, sarcastic mage to join my party. An elf preferably that doesn't like the dwarven barbarian/cleric. Also a too curious Rogue/Bard who gets us in trouble every now and than.

19. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I think this is doubtful, but being that the game is based on 3.5 rules, we should see a good number of the druid spells from the 3.5 PHB, and there are plenty druid spells that are offensive in nature, at least compared to a cleric.

Personally, I hope for good party interactions. The possibility of having a nice, well-balanced party with the 4 max total party slots available.

Oh, and a story line that doesn't feel particularly linear--this feature is one of the reasons baldur's gate II is so darn replayable. Gimme a good epic storyline!

20. Halasz Gems: 7/31

The story has got to be better than it was in NWN1.....maybe i'm the only one but i thought the stroy was terrible :mad:

I mean come on! You could meet like 5000 dragons in NWN, sure I like the idea of dragons but they are supposed to be rare meeting one every 40 seconds is a poor story if you ask me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.