1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Witcher 2 Released!

Discussion in 'The Witcher Series' started by Taluntain, May 17, 2011.

1. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

...how? I am totally perplexed. In any case, I do not recall any of them being mandatory and was there not an option to switch QTE off (at least other than the minigame) in the options?

2. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I think that only disables the cut-scene stuff (jumping in to save the King, etc.).

3. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Crossfire runs in windowed mode and with the 11.5 hotfix c. And the patch.

4. Erod Gems: 14/31

Veteran

Yeah, you are right, it was "Difficult QTEs". Whatever that means...

Anyway, I finally had time to finish the game once. Great game, maybe I will even write a small review. But now, time for a second run as the entire second and partly the third chapter are different depending on your choices earlier.

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Me either, really. If it was only the button itself that showed onscreen, it would be a different story, but the placement of the indicators is like the WASD, i.e. to the left, right, up or down of the screen, so it's not that difficult to get the right button. The other QTEs are, as mentioned, optional (you can disable them in the menu), but seem to be only left and right mouse button presses, which is something I can still manage.

6. Hugin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

i regret

[​IMG] My problem is that the game is unplayable because of mouse lag.

My PC is brand new and passes all the system requirements - But the mouse lags too much to even play it :(

I also had problems with the lousy install shield.

I regret having spend money on this crap.

Never buy anything from Poland, i guess, arrrgh :mad:

7. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Purchased both, and am currently playing through the first. It's kinda difficult for games of this era, which are relatively obvious and easy. This one isn't obvious, though it's logical I guess. Dl'ed a combat rebalance mod and CH1 did frustrate the hell(hound) out of me, but I'll manage. Story is great.

8. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Apparently this is a known issue, which should have been improved in the 2.1 patch, as far as I see on the official The Witcher forum. It's a shame this is ruining the game for you, as it is an otherwise excellent game.

Yeah that final battle in chapter 1 can be rather frustrating. In chapter 2 the swamp can get rather tedious, so you might want to group your quests so as to minimise the visits to the swamp.

9. Erod Gems: 14/31

Veteran

To fix the mouse lag try experimenting with different graphics settings. Especially with the various DOF, Vsync and mouse smoothness settings. Some of these can only be changed by modifying the user.ini file directly and not via the configuration utility. There are several threads on thewitcher.com forums regarding this issue which may help you in tracking down the settings that fix the problem.

On another note, I have recently been enjoying the new Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 2. The new content is great and best of all, completely free. Any other publisher would have sold this as a $10 DLC.

10. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Playing it on xbox. Done with...chapter one. So far, it hasn`t hooked me completely, but I am loving the graphics and the setting.

11. Hugin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

thx

[​IMG]
    Thx Erod. I also have the EE version ;)

I tried all possible settings but the mouse lag is still there. Hope to find a solution soon, I'm going crazy. I have been reading all the threads on the witcher forums, but nothing helps so far - Frustrating :(

If I had money I would buy a console i guess - Then again, i love my keybord :cool:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.