1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You are [charname]

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Morthond, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Strange. I ended up being a CG Elven Mage/Bard. No deity was chosen though, weird. Hmm, I can not be a bard, as my stats are not enough, so I am your plain, crappy mage. :lol:

2. Dengo Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Damn, these tests are wrong. According to one of the tests i'm LN and another one says i'm Neutral Good Elf Ranger Druid (Follower Of Mielikki). IMO i am CN :nuts: .

Look at these crappy stats, i think i can be ... nothing. :grin: There is no class with minimum stat requirements lower than these:

str:7
    int:13
    wis:11
    dex:11
    con:13
    chr:6

I think chr should be lower though (it's really my dump stat). :borg:

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Quoting myself from the last page...
    You may all be used to characters with 18s, but I assure you that low stat characters can be just as fun to play (if not moreso in some areas).

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

It can be fun RPing a dump, clumsy, or scary PC. However, in BG2, playing with crappy stats (like mine) will be far from being fun as surviving combats is very important. 7 str:carry only 30 lbs? Or 6 CON: Imagine a mage with HP penalty per level. This does not sound like fun to me. :shake:

5. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Ooo, I missed that one test as well!

Get ready...*insert dramatical music here*...

I'm a Chaotic Neutral Gnomish Ranger Druid! My deity is Silvanus. How fitting...As I'm not sure I think my stats might just do. How about it Felinoid?

I'm definitely making this character once I get my hands on IWDII in some distant future.

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Nope. None of the requirements for ranger are met, and the druid's CHA requirement isn't met either. Not to mention the alignment disparity. (I'm guessing this is a 3e test.)

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Is there a pure 2e test somewhere, Felinoid? I really would like to do it to avoid race/class/alignment combos which makes no sense at all.

8. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Well darn. I guess I have to work on my skills then. But I from the other test I got CN as well, so maybe I'm just acting crazy :nuts:

9. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Your stats are:

STR:11
    INT:15 *smirks*
    WIS:15
    DEX:14
    CON:11
    CHR:14

:hmm:

Seems OK. Except for INT... bit high a score. Oh, and CON is too low, tho not by much. :/ I guess I could pull my own weight as some sort of priest or bard. Yay for spellcasting and not being exposed to all sorts of body fluids constantly splattering about.

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Well I did the test a second time, re-evaluated some questions, some of them don't have the options that I'd pick, and this is what I came up with:

Str 15
    Int 13
    Wis 15
    Dex 9
    Con 12
    Cha 16

Maybe not a ranger type, but this might make a decent druid...

11. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    STR: 15
    INT: 15
    WIS: 13
    DEX: 15
    CON: 11
    CHR: 16

Hmm...not too shabby. I'll have to try this again in 6 months when I've completed my current training program. My con score will definitely go up. It's pretty sad, at the moment. I'll kick strength up a notch, at least.

I suppose I'd make a half-decent mage, sorcerer or bard. Which is odd, considering I almost always play warrior types in BG2. Maybe I have two-handed sword envy. :p

I may have to pull a dmc and do a solo run as myself with these stats. Probably a bard.

edit - I could also do a run-though of Tutu, and adding manuals I could have something very interesting by the time I got to BG2. With a 15 dex I could pull off a decent fighter/thief, I think. Hmmm...

12. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm... All of mine were either 15s or 12s.

Strength, Intelligence, and Wisdom were all 15s.

Constitution, Dexterity and Charisma were all 12s.

I totally agree with the part about intelligence. It places a large amount of weight on not just ambition, but also opportunity. You could be very intelligent, but if you grow up in the ghetto, there's a pretty good chance you'll never go beyond a high school education.

I also agree that the way it calculates strength is off, even though I think my score is pretty accurate. If you do weight training, like me, you are naturally going to get higher values for things like bench and military press. But the thing is I PRACTICE doing those exercises. Someone who is about my size and has about the same muscle mass but doesn't bench press twice a week probably won't score as high as me, but his overall strength should be comparable. It may not be that I am stronger, but because I practice such exercises I have better technique and therefore am better at them. I guess I'm saying you need way more than one or two categories to make such a comparison.

Additionally, I found the weight breakdowns to be crap. I don't know anyone who can military press 2/3 of what they bench. It's closer to half. And the higher weight classes are spaced very far apart. For example, I can bench press more than 255 lbs (that's the box that gave me 15 for strength). However, the next possible choice above that is 295 pounds, and I can't do that much. But that's a significant 40 pound difference! Furthermore, the corresponding military press weight was 170 pounds, and I have never even attempted a set of military press with 170 pounds. My last set is 135 pounds. I settled on that box because I was over on the bench but under on the military press.

Then again, with weight training you do repetitions. Depending on what you're trying to accomplish, normally you do somewhere between 5 and 12 repetitions consecutively without putting the weights down. However, the way the question is set up, they are asking you what you can do ONCE. That's a big difference too. I know I can't military press 170 pounds over the course of 12 repetitions, but I might be able to do it once.

The only thing I can think to make the strength section better would be to include a lot more aspects of strength. The only thing they are testing is how strong your chest and shoulder muscles are. There's nothing in there for legs, arms, back, etc., so it's a very myopic view of strength.

13. Tony Tulipstomp Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I liked that quiz mostly

STR 17 -and I thought my bench was pretty good..sigh
    DEX 17
    CON 16
    INT 15
    WIS 14
    CHA 15

I R thmart! I agree about the strength test being odd. I'm definitely one of the strongest at the gym. Yet merely a 17 on that test. :(

Yeah, just checked on Ronnie Coleman's max military press at 420 lb. So here you have this TITAN for a man that's listed as 18/98. Silly expectations from that part of the test!

[ September 01, 2006, 18:55: Message edited by: Tony Tulipstomp ]

14. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Test gave me

str 9
    int 13
    wis 14
    dex 12
    con 13
    chr 13

Not a great test. Bench press takes training, I'm just too lazy to spend a lot of time on it, but I can arm wrestle and go 50/50 against a friend of minewho lifts 4 hours a day.

Int is about right, I remember reading that each point of int is x10 and should be close to your IQ. Mine is between 130-140, so 13 int sounds just right, but that really shouldn't be based off a degree. In D&D having an int of 16+ means your border line genius and at 18-20 you can learn a language in a day :p .

Wisdom fits well, I lose points for acting stupid I guess, but knowingly acting the part of a fool doesn't make you a fool.

Cha definately fits. While I'm shy I'm still capable of controlling a group I've never met before (Proved that at a conference last week actually :p ).

Dex fits, I'm a pretty good shot at basketball and with a rifle, but I'm no NBA star or elmar Fudd(SP).

Con is way too low. If rat poison can't even give me food poisoning and 6 cups (I said cups not shots) of 80 proof can't take me down then I think my con is closer to 16-18, my primary stat.

15. Tony Tulipstomp Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Wow, you have IQ all wrong! This is MENSA's own catagories:

IQ: Percentile

65 bottom 01%

70 bottom 02%

75 bottom 05%

80 bottom 09%

85 bottom 16%

90 bottom 25%

95 bottom 37%

100 50% - average. Just think about someone with the average IQ. Then realize half the population is even dumber than that...

105 upper 63%

110 upper 75% - only 1 in 4 people are smarter

115 upper 84%

120 upper 91%

125 upper 95%

130 upper 98%

135 upper 99%

140-150 gifted

151+ genius

16. Morthond Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Media:
    Oh...I think I'm 16INT then. Not too shabby.

(kinda surprised to see this topic explode heh)

Edit - found the 'What DnD character are you?' quiz...

True Neutral Elf Ranger [primary], Druid [secondary]

Detailed Results:

Alignment:
    Lawful Good ----- XXX (3)
    Neutral Good ---- XXXX (4)
    Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXX (6)
    Lawful Neutral -- XX (2)
    True Neutral ---- XXXXXXX (7)
    Chaotic Neutral - X (1)
    Lawful Evil ----- (-3)
    Neutral Evil ---- (-3)
    Chaotic Evil ---- (-1)

Race:
    Human ---- (-2)
    Half-Elf - XXXXXXX (7)
    Elf ------ XXXXXXXXX (9)
    Halfling - (-2)
    Dwarf ---- X (1)
    Half-Orc - X (1)
    Gnome ---- XX (2)

Class:
    Fighter - X (1)
    Ranger -- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
    Paladin - (-1)
    Cleric -- XX (2)
    Mage ---- XX (2)
    Druid --- XXXXXXX (7)
    Thief --- (-1)
    Bard ---- XXXX (4)
    Monk ---- XXX (3)

Found it quite interesting. Always thought I was CG, but perhaps my cynical side pushes me towards neutrality ;)

[ September 01, 2006, 23:57: Message edited by: Morthond ]

17. Stardust Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

IQ isn't intelegence IQ is just how good you are at solving logic problems be they linguistic, mathematical or visual.

A ten year old can get a better result than Stephen Hwaking in a IQ test and I happen to know that Hwaking got around 120 IQ which is far from stunning.

18. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

IQ has a lot to do with your intelligence. Isn't the I in IQ stand for Intelligence?

Anyways, the definition of Intelligence is someones ability to understand and solve problems - which is exactly what an IQ exam tests for. As for Hawking and Einstein having low IQ's - the test isn't infallible, but while someone might not be good at english, they might be the best mathematition in existance. :) .

EDIT: Also based on Tony's post about the IQ's - it's perfect, seeing as how 10x10 = 100. 100 being average IQ and 10 being the standard stat for all humanoid races (except a few of course).

Looking at it - I don't have 2e books so someone might want to touch up what I'm putting here, but looking at an 18 strength, you need to be able to lift 201-300 lbs over head - carry 402-600 lbs - and push/drag 1005-1500 lbs.

I'm finding this in the adventuring section of the PHB, I would say that's how to measure your strength and other stats based on the text book descriptions :) .

My strength would be about 13, being able to hold 100-150 lbs over my head. :)

[ September 02, 2006, 00:59: Message edited by: omnigodly ]

19. Ecniv Sllew Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yay.

I'm a Chaotic Neutral Elf Mage Ranger,
    Follower Of Azuth.

With stats of:
    Str: 15 -- some other movements such as Deadlifts and Squats would make for better judges as they involve more (and bigger) muscles, yet those who don't work out would probably have even less of an idea on their numbers for lifts such as these. I used my 3 rep max numbers to obtain the 15STR result. I could probably just get to 16STR using 1RM lift numbers, but I don't think I'm in that much from the norm.
    Dex: 13
    Con: 11
    Int: 17
    Wis: 12
    Chr: 10 -- I think of myself as reasonably easy on the eyes, but I'm pretty socially inept overall - I'd give myself 8-9.

My class is cool.

[ September 02, 2006, 10:53: Message edited by: Ecniv Sllew ]

20. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    Thank's to this thread I actually started a new game with a self biographical character and I find it increasingly interesting.
    For example having a character, a thief btw, with to low a strength score to use heavy crossbows really allows you to find new solutions in the game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.