1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You Know You've Played Too Much Dragon Age 2 When...

Discussion in 'Dragon Age 2' started by Marceror, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The happy list
    001) Virtually every moment of the game seems like a great screenshot moment.
    002) Later in the game, you occasionally walk around Hightown in your comfortable noble's attire, as not to be stereotyped as "just another adventurer."
    003) You make a point to visit every area at day and at night, because, who knows, maybe there will be some time-of-day dependent adventures to be found.
    004) You find it disappointing that Isabella's tunic doesn't come off.
    005) You're genuinely proud that you managed to work your way out of poverty, and make a name for yourself in Kirkwall.
    006) You genuinely lament that your sister, Bethany isn't there to see it (or Carver, depending on your class).
    007) You get annoyed at people who take issue with the fact that Varric can't use any other weapon than Bianca. Really, it's his weapon. It has sentimental value, and it's just what he uses in battle. Get over it already.

The cynical list
    008) Every cave, back alley, and warehouse starts looking the same -- oh, wait!
    009) You try to convince yourself that the only reason pretty much the entire game is set in Kirkwall, is because it's what the story called for.
    010) Since you didn't actually bother to pick the game up due to mixed reviews, how could you have played too much of it? Really. Stop with the silly questions already.

Okay Celtic Dream, after 6+ play throughs you've got the floor! ;)

2. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    When you see the intro.

3. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Good point Cap`n CJ. The game has zero replayability value so I am not sure how itca be played too much, actually.

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    This.

Garbage game. I think I would rather have dog poo smeared on my face than play that again.

5. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Um, if a game has zero replay value... I don't get how you fail to see how it could be played too much. Your statement isn't logical. A game with zero replay value, logically speaking, would have been played too much as soon as you start a second playthrough (i.e. a "replay").

If you don't like the game, that's fine, but at least try to make some sense when you post. ;)

Barmy, I'm sure we can hook you up with some dog poo. Personally, I'd do just about anything NOT to have dog poo smeared on my face. That's gross... and a rather barmy preference, if you ask me. Which given your screen name, IS strangely logical. :p

6. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

DAII replay value is very low. The ending is the same regardless of the choices made. Yes, some of the companions picked up or not may change, but the ending is the same.

This game has little to no replay value. It isn't like DAO where you have so many great options to pick from throughout the game and see how your choices impact the world at the end of the game.

DAII is not all bad, but it isn't a home run hit for Bioware and we can testify to that with them giving away ME2.

7. Marceror

Media:
    I'm not contesting that the game has low replay value. Rawgrim and you are welcome to that opinion. What I'm having a problem with is the illogical statement that a game with purportedly low replay value (actually, Rawgrim said zero replayability) can't be played too much.

By that definition, 1 replay would be too much. With that in mind, it should be quite easy to see how someone can play DA2 too much. Anyhow, hopefully some others will have some numbered items to add to the list.

8. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

The statement ended up illogical because I replied while in a hurry and speaking on the phone at the same time :)

9. Marceror

Media:
    Hehe, tis okay Rawgrim. Oh, the perils of multi-tasking!! I am well acquainted with them, my friend.

10. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

It isn't as bad as dog poo smeared on your face; but it is not DAO either.

11. Marceror

Media:
    11) You are the only person willing to participate in a "you know you've played too much" list.

Keep em coming folks. This list is off the hook! Err, what I mean is, perhaps I'll think of some more items for the list later. :lol:

12. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

12) You realise you don't actually have cool friends like Isabella and Merrill who hang out all the time together and around you, and occasionally sleep with you.

13. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

13) You realize you don't have friends.
    14) Every house you go to looks identical to your own (tract housing??)

14. Marceror

Media:
    15) You realize you don't care! :p
    16) You grab a toy light saber and start hurling fire at your children with ut using your best DA2 staff moves (this one is actually rather fun, for Dad, and the kids who have to run to evade the flames!!)

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  15. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

17) You reallize that there are no female dwarves in Kirkwall.

18) You notice most companions never change their clothes unless you have sex with them. (wich makes sense, since they are wearing the clothes during the sex.)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.