1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your fav character class?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Lantus, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Mage dualed from a fighter.

[ March 16, 2004, 10:52: Message edited by: Aces ]

2. Edwin Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Yup. I just thought that it may make the game any faster(if possible!) by taking out the excess classes

3. cadderly Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

one mans trash is another mans treasure, i happen to think some of those kits are pretty neat, like kensai and wizard slayer, but thats off topic, other than my love of paladins, i think that i would have to go with a fighter/mage/thief, because they are so much fun to solo the game with :D

4. Edwin Gems: 3/31

Yeah, the only two that I wouldn't throw away would be Wizard Slayer and Bounty Hunter. I like Yoshimo.

5. Ruin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I agree with Elvenblade... I have played BG1 and 2 more than I shold have, but there is nothing like having a fighter\theif coming up behind someone and killing, what you thought was impossible with one hit. it is known that you can kill your lovely brother with 3 hits using a fighter/theif, right now im playing solo it kinnda sucks cause im leveled up already and hardly have even touched much of anything, but I can kill anything I come across with ease, but if I get hit, woo it hurts when you have it up to insane on difficutly... if you havent played solo, I recommend it!

6. Alacris Gems: 1/31

Veteran

Paladin is my favorite, because they are so good. Like me. :rolleyes:

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Honestly, there aren't really any "bad" classes in BG1. You just don't have the kits. One thing that BG1 allowed was for you to become experienced in all the basic classes, so that when you went into BG2 you could understand the descriptions of the kits well enough that you knew what the class would be like before you played it. I thought that was a big advantage. For people who were not experienced with PnP AD&D (3rd edition wasn't out yet) excluding classes from the first game was a way to simplify the game and make it easier to understand.

8. Eaglearrow Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I prefer mage or ranger/cleric, though I am trying my luck with a bard now, that I want to take over to BG2.

9. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Hmm... I have to say Paladins. I just love 'em!
    They're so goody-goody smite-'em-all :D

10. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Fighters

11. Trminator Gems: 3/31

Veteran

I think having a fighter/cleric would be nice, like jaheira... Then you could have a party like this:

Me (Templar) Fighter/Cleric
    Minsc Ranger
    Kivan Ranger
    Imoen Thief
    Khalied Fighter
    Dynaheir Mage

I find this party very useful, becaus I have much "firepower", in addition to healing spells when my party is messed up.. :)

12. Rubel Gems: 3/31

I haven't played BG1 in years, and I just fired it up again.

This time I decided to try a Cleric/Theif. It just always seemed like a fun combination.

13. Drizzt the Drow Gems: 1/31

My favourite classes are Fighters,Rangers,Paladins,Druids and Mages

14. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Bard, Ranger and Mage/Thief.

15. Siegfried IV. Gems: 1/31

In my opinion Fighters and Rangers are the the living tanks of this game. I had an tough Fighter and Ranger (they were in different games). Also I find usuable Fighter\Mages or Fighter\Thieves either. They will make huge differences in battles. :)

16. Cambria Gems: 1/31

I like single-classed thieves... And Druids are fun, too. Expecially the shapeshifting at later levels.

17. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Rangers, all the way. Sure, they're nowhere near as strong in BG1 as they are in BG2, but they can fight and sneak, and I just like the RPing perspective of it.

From a power perspective, fighter/thief or fighter/mage - you either chunk everything from behind with a backstab or blast it and then chop up what's left.

18. Sevarus Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Personally, I find Paladins too goody-goody for my tastes.

I like Thieves. Pickpocketing nobles and looting their houses feels soooo good.

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Fighter. I'd be too lazy to learn all those spells.

20. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Give me a vanilla fighter all the way. I cant be bothered to work out the advantages/disadvantages of kits, so I go vanilla. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.