1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your favorite multiplayer party...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by ios, Jun 1, 2001.

1. ios Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] mine is consisted by:

1)scald-every good party should have a bard :) anyway her song after lvl 15 kicks but for goodness :p
    2)cavalier-carsomyr wielder( i would take udead hunter )
    3)swashbuckler at level 10 then dual to cleric
    4)monk-i always wanted to see his abilities
    5) an abjurer( pierce magic,mantle and all the goodies)
    the sixth slot is unused to take other npc's for their quests

NOTE:before the cleric gets to lvl 11(so the swashbuckler gets actived ) i had jan (you know the gnome who tries to steal boo !!! ;)

2. kingius Gems: 2/31

Here is mine:

1. Wizard Slayer (master of darts, also wields daggers for quick hits on mages)
    2. Half Orc Barbarian (dual wields axes)
    3. Priest of Talos (the lightning ability one, uses the flail of ages)
    4. Kensai (celestial fury)
    5. Swashbuckler (dual wields long swords)
    6. Inquisitor (holy avenger +5 cormyr)

This is a party based around the idea of muscle, and never feels outnumbered! :)

3. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

1)berserker dualwield longswords
    2)berserker dualwield katanas
    3)berserker dualwield axes
    4)berserker 2-handedswords
    :D
    5)conjurer
    6)priestess of talos

one haste and a dragon lasts 5 secs :D

4. ios Gems: 2/31

you're kidding me right :p
    you have put grandmastery on darts???? !!!!
    :)

looks like your party won't have problems against powerful wiz's
    anyway i forgot to mention that my swash/cleric wields flail of the ages and hammer of thunderbolts(c'mon i cant wait till chapter 6 to make it crom faeyr....)
    and the scald wields cf(best edged weapon if you ask me better than carsomyr cause carsomyr is wielded only by paladins) with str of 19 (one belt i think or some gauntlets) and she rocks just the same

my poor monk has nothing but his +3!!! hands lol

5. Shrike00 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Darts are under rated?

My mutli-player is this:

Berserker
    Inquisitor
    Ranger/Cleric
    Archer
    Bounty Hunter
    Mage

I have two tanks to lock up opponents in melee and an archer to shred mages and the like. The ranger/cleric doubles as a backup tank and healer. The Bounty Hunter concentrated on locks and traps (finding and setting), and finally pick pockets. He uses a shortbow. The mage has a sling and your typical spells.

I have not run into an area I couldn't handle quite handily.

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I never mqade a complete mp-party for I like the NPC interaction. However, my party would be a powergaming one and could look like that:

#1 dc fighter-thief, grandmastery with daggers and longsword or katana; single weapon style - firetooth as ranged weapon.
    #2 dc kensai-mage, grandmastery with staffs; two handed weapon style

Actually that´s about all you need, however, to complete the list:

#3 halfling cavalier using longswords, flails, katans and/ or maces
    #4 elven archer or a halfling fighter (maybe a wizard slayer) w. dex-19 with grandmastery in slings
    #5 priest of lathander/ talos or helm
    #6 human inquisitor

7. Sarin Voltei Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

When I was preparing my party for BG2, I was salivating over all of the choices with the new kits. I spent a lot of time trying to get a balanced party I liked. In the end I couldn't get all I wanted, so I will have to play again. For now, I have:

- elven Mage (Conjurer)
    - half-orc Fighter (no kit) = major tank
    - monk :cool:
    - Cleric (the neutral kit)
    - mc theif/mage
    - mc cleric/mage (Aerie)

In the future, I want to try a Skald and Archer and Inquisitor. I'm not too up on Druids or Barbarians. I don't think there is a good Fighter kit. But, since BG2 is supposed to be big on magic (I'm still in Chapter 2), I figured I's stock up on that.

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

My most recent multiplayer game (which never got very far, and has since been abandoned due to a shortage of time and not being allowed to tie up the phone for so long)featured me with a priest of Talos, called Padre, originally Helmist, but went heretic and captured and resanctified a Maztican mission, was captured by the inquisition, taken back to Amn, escaped when the ship was wrecked (putting Talassans and Umberlee worshippers together is not too good security-wise), now is on the run and completely paranoid, never revealing his name or face (I used shadowkeeper to get the cowled wizard avatar). And Big Norman, the half-orc barbarian street-thug he met in Irenicus's dungeon, and controls by threating to make the sky fall on his head. The other guy had two characters loosely based on Planescape, and a whole stroy worked out behind them, including subquests involving Ignus and Morte. He never got around to introducing them.

9. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Heres my themed mplayer party

Elven sorcerer-staff of magi, leader
    Elven sorcerer-duel wield daggers
    Elven sorcerer-sling
    Elven enchanter-xan :)
    Elven cleric/mage-mace
    Elven mage/thief-shortbow

I just wished i could'v had a mage/druid :)
    This was based on the fact that i hate magic users so a friend dared me to play with all magic users and no fighters. Had to negotiate with him for the mage/thief. Can we say fireball, fireball, and more fireballs. Took out the beholder place in the underdark with no cloak of mirrors heh. They were outmatched in firepower :D

Next time, a party of dwarven assassins.

[This message has been edited by Tyresian (edited June 02, 2001).]

10. ios Gems: 2/31

hey man you played all six mages, pfew that must be a one time experience... but i think you miss the fun and you are unbalanced...
    anyway if that worked tell me to try it :p

11. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Are you people actually playing these parties or just fantasizing about them?

Playing with a multiplayer party of six characters - especially if you make them good ones - is so incredibly easy you'd be hard pressed to find anything interesting to do.

If you want to go with a MP party consider going with a 3-character party. It will still be very easy if you make three good characters that fit well together.
    Another idea would be to go with two of your own characters and pick up one or two NPC's so you get some interaction along the way.

12. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I resent that! Playing with six mages was not easy. Especially since i don't rest that often. Thats why i chose sorcerers, make them dumbasses and really strong. Most of the time my guys were used as fighters since i was frugal with my spells.

Don't try the all mages, try a party of all dwarf assassins. I'm playing with a party of all dwarf assassins currently. Really fun.

[This message has been edited by Tyresian (edited June 03, 2001).]

13. Earl Grey

[​IMG] If you make all six mages "dumbasses and really strong" and then use them as fighters it will be hard but why play that way?

If you have have a six mage party and play them as mages - and not as crappy fighters - the game is incredibly easy, no discussion about it. After all you can solo the game with one mage, so six mages is like using nukes to open a jammed door. :p

[This message has been edited by Earl Grey (edited June 03, 2001).]

14. ios Gems: 2/31

why not trying to play a party with the stats you get at first without rerolling the dice??? THAT would be interesting... and difficult :E

15. Earl Grey

[​IMG] On the BG2 All Classes site you can download a four character party called "The Four Stooges" IIRC. Each of the four characters have a 9 in their primary stat - the Fighter has 9 in strength, the Thief has 9 dexterity etc.
    Funny idea and it may be challenging to play.

16. ios Gems: 2/31

it would have fun but thus is very difficult i beleive.....

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Oh yes, and I forgot to suggest my party of six brother half orc barbarians and berserkers. Unfortunately I forgot their names, though the main cahr´s name was Gnarrf IIRC ...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.