1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your favorite Planescape Torment moment

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Morgoroth, Jan 31, 2005.

1. canton_kid Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

my favorite moment is when the lead char got cozy in the hot tub with the succubus. They said a hell lot of stuff that gave me the goosebumps. Definitely one of the more *interesting* moment in this game...

2. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I liked the whole bit where the Nameless One experiences what he does to Deionarra (I think thats what it was; its been a while) through a sensory stone and gets a cuddle from Grace afterwards <3

I have to agree on the cube hero part too.

3. ethis123 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Playing with the cube hero is pretty funny, but my favourite has to be training Anna in pick-pocketing, man that Nameless One sure draws in the girls...

4. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

(1) Healing Morte and (2) meeting the other incarnations in the Fortress.

5. Mira Gems: 1/31

Being a real fan of PT, I find all moments wonderfull! Still, there're some I like the most.
    1) Meeting Deionarra in Mortuary /gosh, what a beautiful music!/
    2) Martha's death. I was touched to tears!
    3) When at the Fortress my friends were killed, I was shocked! It was really a strong feeling!
    The moments I don't like (would possibly change):
    1) Ingus' betrayal
    2) Transforming Trias and Soego into negative (bad) characters without any hints at first.
    In spite of this, characters, dialogues, music, the whole atmosphere of the game is perfect! I love it!!!

6. humPah Gems: 1/31

'The end'-movie, after using that weapon you get from Siege Tower(don't remember the name, possibly same ending with some other way).

7. The First Phil Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] BTW, in reference to the "no good ending" thing, I think I may have figured out why.

If you look at the soundtrack (which is available for download at http://www.planescape-torment.org/?page=soundtrack )
    you'll notice that two of the unused tracks are called "good ending" and "neutral ending" and that "bad ending" was used.
    Also, in a forum session with one of the creators, a player pointed out that the spire in the middle of the battlefield obviously meant it was the Grey Wastes, but that the sky was red and orange. The developer then admits that the oversight was because the end movie was hastily thrown together at the last minute.

To me, these things add up to mean that there were to be two other ending cinemas, but due to time or budget constraints they were taken out.

If anybody has any idea what the other two endings were going to be, please let me know. I've looked so hard for any little clue, but nothing.

"Don't let it end like this." -TNO

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

this may sound kinda petty considering all the stuff you guys have put here, but the one that first comes to mind for me was when you read the journal and see that "don't trust the skull" bit. Totally blew me away. Especially since when the text said "this is probably what it tatooed on your back, read on?" and I just clicked on yes without thinking there was anything different.

9. Irenicus_Jon Gems: 1/31

Finding what you did to Deionarra.
    Finding that the practical incarnation built the circle of zerthimon and used Da'kon.
    Finding what you did to Vhailor.
    Meeting the practical incarnation for the first time (he's so... horrible... and at the same time... he's so right and clever)

10. Burrie Gems: 1/31

The one scene that always pops up in my mind would be quite a few scenes near the ending.

Biggest would have to be when the Transcendent One reveals who he is. At that point, I was still filled with questions about PS:T, and expected that I had to replay a lot of the game, because I must've missed a lot of scenes. I mean, along many other questions, I was still wondering...
    • Just what is the Transcendent One?
    • Why are the Nameless One's shadows following him?
    • Why would he want my mortality to begin with?
    • What sort of relationship did Ravel and the Transcendent One have?
    • What sort of relationship might the Nameless One and the Transcendent One have?
    See what I mean? I was afraid that he was going to be some random villain who wanted to TAKE OVER THE MULTIVERSE(tm), somehow using the Nameless One's mortality. And then he muttered his real identity, and everything just sorta fell into place.

The ending also still gives me chills. I found the Blood War to be an interesting tale, and would hope to see it at some point in PS:T, so seeing a possible representation of the battle brought a smile to my face. But seeing The Nameless One grab a weapon, hear Ravel's ultimate question again, and then nodding as he completely accepts his fate and moves on to horrible battles always makes me shiver. Good lord, such a wonderful ending.

11. Fhjull Forked-Tongue Gems: 2/31

Hmnmm
    I thought that any dialogue with Fhjull Forked-Tongue provided a nice comic relief

Where the old hag digs things out of your body

Annah and Morte bickering

Annah's jealousy

The pillar scene

To finish this game was an awesome feeling ... like seeing after being blind It is my favorite game of all

12. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Well, it's hard to choose one favorite among so many ...

- Meeting Dionarra in the Mortuary.
    - Meeting her again in the Fortress, and confessing what you've done to her, to be forgiven.
    - Liberating the petrified sorcerer in Clerk's Ward, only to die from his horrible curse.
    - Taunting Morte with the Modron cube. :D
    - The Fhjull dialogues. "Do you have something you'd like to ... share with me?" ;)

But my all-time favorite has to be the Ravel dialogue. It's just wonderful!

13. Fhjull Forked-Tongue Gems: 2/31

Well his sense of humor pretty much matches mine

"""May all the dung heaps of Maladomini rain down upon his head"""

lol

14. Berksmasher Gems: 2/31

My favorite moment is whatever moment I'm at in the game. ;)

The things that I remember slightly more fondly than the others:

1. Morte's story to Yves.
    "I wish to know who I am"..."That was your first wish." Gives me chills just thinking about it.
    2. The discussion before entering the Fortress of Regrets with Morte and Dak'kon.
    3. Everything from "So you have come. Then you shall die AGAIN!" until the last line of the credits.

15. Midnight Voyager Gems: 1/31

If you go back to one of the "Ravelings"... One of the other Ravels... You can talk to them and console them while they die.

I liked alot of these other moments, too. They sent chills, made me cry, etc. But this one just got me. Sweet old Martha...

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

<spoiler>

you mean after the cut-scene where the transcendant one kills her? how do you do this? or do you mean mebbeth and martha?

17. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

You can talk to Mebbeth, but not Marta or Ei-Vene. Those two are simply gone.

You get some exp if you have one of those black barbed seeds with you when you talk to Mebbeth/Ravel before she dies.

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ah, thanks susi. hmm i'm getting a hankering to play the game again..

19. Paine Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

When I gave Annah to the Pillar of Skulls. God, I hate her.

Yeah, I said it. :p

Other than that, the Unbroken Circle dialogues, and Practical's seduction of Deionarra. Those two scenes alone are some of the best scenario writing I've ever seen, and were worth the price of the game.

20. Allanius Gems: 2/31

My favorite thing (not so much a moment) was the Transcent One's "names" for everyone. Simple descriptions. Made him appear to see everything as objects. Added to his "transcendance". "Broken One","the Love-torn Spirit", "the Gihzerai", "the Theifling", "the Succubus", "the Sorcerer", "the Rogue Contruct", "the hag"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.