1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your favourite NPC pairings?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Spiritoftherain, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Spiritoftherain Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Who are your favourite NPC characters to "pair up" with for some fun dialogue?

At the moment, I am enjoying the conversations coming from Valygar and Mazzy... it's the sole reason they've become my favourite characters.

Any others out there that hold a special place in a gamer's heart?

P.S. It's probably best if you don't reveal too much about the nature of the conversations. Save it for the rest of us and all. :)

2. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

To be honest, I've seen pretty much all the banter so it doesn't do too much for me any more. Having said that, Haer'Dalis always provides value for money. Take him along with Korgan, Edwin, and Jan, and you'll see what I mean. :)

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Jan is the best, imho, to take along for banter. He picks on just about everybody, especially Keldorn, Anomen and Minsc. Not everyone thinks so, though. Pity. I find the gnome quite humorous. ;P

4. angryguy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Haer dalis and jaheira have one of the best (nip to the promenade, see what I mean)

I wish they had kept a couple of the NPC pairs from BG1- like khalid and jaheira, eldoth and skie, who stayed with each other. That was really characterful, and with all the banter in BG2 it would have ruled. It did eat up your 5 NPC slots though.

5. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Anomen+Jansen are the best :D

6. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

Edwin and pretty much anyone else.

7. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Also Jan+Minsc.

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Best NPC pairings? Aerie and Viccy while the PC watches :D .

Personality wise? Viconia and Minsc.

9. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31

Veteran

I like Viconia's discussion with Nalia about charity. I saw it in the Bridge District with all the street children running around and it worked even better. :)

10. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Jaheira and Keldorn had a few good ones, imo.
    Otherwise, yes - Haer'dalis has a something to offer every party in the dialogues, too.

11. 14 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I love Mazzy's voice. I like her a lot in general.

But they have the Korgan flirt with her but I can't ?!?!?!?!??? I know they are both short and all, but...Geez, for the love of Bhaal, Korgan ??!!? Come on !!! Could Mazzy please talk to me ?!!!. All I get is :"Mazzy is too busy to speak to you" and some such garbage... sigh......

12. Mongus Gems: 1/31

I like pairing Jan up with pretty much everyone :) With him coming with freaky/funny comments all the time the dialogue with him and the other NPCs can get any better.

13. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31

Veteran

I know this is the Shadows of Amn forum, but if you can put up with Jan until Throne of Bhaal, you'll have a chance to hear what may be the funniest conversation in the whole game, including the only known occurrence in a CRPG of the word "Binky".

14. St. James Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Jan and Minsc -- they are like peas and carrots.

15. Biffle Chump Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[snip]
    Jan and Minsc
    Jan and Viconia- My name comes from his chats with Viccy.

[ToB NPC removed.] -Tal

[ July 19, 2005, 16:38: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

16. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31

Veteran

I didn't realize that [snip] has a conversation with Nalia until Monday. Boy, he put her in her place. :lol:

[ToB NPC removed.] -Tal

[ July 19, 2005, 16:39: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

17. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Goo (mod) with anyone except Viconia because he bite her ear or touch her hand everytime but there's no Viccy

18. Fruitti Gems: 1/31

Jan has some legendary lines for Anomen :D
    Also, Minsc and Jan.. And Minsc comments Edwins change to Edwina really humorously.
    Mincs seems to get good kicks from that awful play at Five Flagonns inn :D
    When Cernd joins your party and you have Minsc on it, he talks about balance and how important it is
    "the ranger minsc understands this too, although I hear he has lost his own balance"
    But Jan really knows how to get Anomen furious.
    Being chaotic? he has a good attitude towards life, taking nothing too seriously...

19. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Pair up this group and the dialogue is quite interesting.

Imoen
    Minsc
    Edwin
    Viconcia
    Jaheria

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.