1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your most recently battle (SPOILER)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Minh So, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Minh So Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Please tell me your comments, like it's too easy or hard or just somehow interesting.

I've just met Melisan yesterday, to my suprise - she sucks, she uses missile atk (dart that causes disease, I think), also her minions are lame. Those scary looking bone fiends use normal weapon, the shadow slayers have horrible THAC0, Death Tyrant and Glabezues are too busy to cast some trivial spell like dispel, charm, death ray, flesh to stone,... ect. And an efreeti, what the hell is it doing here ? :grin:

So my Inquisitor with the reflect shield, cloak of cheese, improve bard song just stand there dancing with the beasts. I remember my first meeting with her, she summoned 4 Demon Knights (or something that can lv drain), my party scattered and ran like chickens (although that time I played in core-rule mode :o )

As oppose to Draconis, I find this is the most annoying dragon. He has a hobby of casting invisible and run like a dog to a corner, then heal or summone minions, he's immune to abjuration so I cannot dispel him, and although he's lv25, he's quite good at dispeling my buffs - includes protect from acid (Korgan is lv33 :mad: ).

it seems impossible to meele it with an Inquisitor, Korgan and Sarevok (start with protect from acid). After 3 reloads, I gotta use Immy to time stop, IA, Lower resis, chain lightning, skull trap. Of course he fell like rags, but that ain't fun :(

btw, I don't have any patch, fix, mod. Will try tactic soon :)

2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    If you want a more interesting final battle, try installing Ascension, and play it on Insane. Now THAT is a challenge!

And if you think unmodded Draconis is difficult, try beating him with the Smarter Dragons component (I think it's in Tactics). You'll have to redefine "annoying" :D

As an aside, it seems many people indeed find Draconis to be one of the toughest fights, especially the first time you go through the game.

3. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

That I suppose is because the invisibility/heal/summon throws them off. No other dragon in the game does that! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.