1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your most suprising/weird wild surge

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Malovae, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Ok, I'm fighting Lassal (the Vampire that kills Mook) and i cast my wild spell thingy - then it does the gender change on target surge. A little strange because instead of turning into a female vamp, he turns into a beholder. Go figure :rolleyes:

Anyway, has anyone else found anything like this before?

2. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Tried the wild mage once, didn't go through the game as one but the weirdest is where it turned me or my party into squirrel(s) not sure but I cant remember ever benefiting from casting that spell.

3. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

The Watcher's Keep has learnt me not to play with unpredictible energies... the "best" was when in the area of those Quasits, the 80% of my 500 000 gold pieces disappeared :mad: ("Aerie: Gold vanishes..."). Some day, perhaps I'll try a Wild Mage after all...

4. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I remember one of the Quasits once casting a buffing spell that actually turned Sarevok to stone. And when I tried a stone to flesh spell on him, it turned out to be a fireball.

Certainly surprising. And a little devastating besides.

5. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Give me a good wizard slayer and that Wild Mage will fall. Just need a few buffing items.

6. Baronius

Probably. It will just simply avoid a Protection from Magic Weapons and Fireshield and slay the mage.

7. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I cast a Magic Missile, and it said I got a wild surge. Nothing appeared to happen. Then later I turned off the game and went to bed. The next morning, I had crabs.

True story.

Wild magic is not a toy. :nono:

8. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

^ Ewww

I remember summoning a flock of birds above my parties head. And another time I ended up with a small army of squirrels to fight by my side *evil laugh* Feed my pretties! Feed!

9. The Netherlord Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

ever seen what happens when the whole screen is filled with rabbits (or squirrels... dunno) and someone fires a fireball? The rabbits was on my team for some reason, and when they died my team panicked.. I mean... they just lost 15 teammates.. but really I would've thought it took more to scare the heroes of the story (or in this case villians)

10. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31

Media:
    The best was Chromatic Orb + No Save.
    I also saw a screenshot of someone having done Chromatic Orb + No Save + Area Effect.

The worst was when I turned myself into a squirrel in the second Bodhi fight.

11. david w Gems: 19/31

I've never played with a wild mage before but I'm tempted just to see what kind of surges I can set off.

Just a quick question: if I cast a normal non-offensive spell (like Heal) in a public place, and it wild surges into a Fireball will that Fireball kill any innocent bystanders?

12. The Netherlord Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

of course it will... it as much a fireball as those you make intentionally.

13. Baronius

Most likely. It will cause damage, and since most innocents are commoners with low HP, they will probably die.

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    It wasn't exactly intended, but once every single spell Edwin casted, it was transformed into a summon squirrel spell. Kind of funny though to see 60-70 squirrel charging toward Yuga-shura. Must have been a kind of bug though...

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Olefix, you accidently hit Ctrl-H.

Funniest one I've ever had turned Haer'Dalis into a female. Bet he regretted being such a womanizer after that.

16. david w Gems: 19/31

Another wild surge question (yep, I'm full of them right now): if I cast a first level spell and it wild surges, can the result be greater than first level? So could I in theory cast magic missile and end up with a time stop or dragon's breath?

17. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, except for the spells specific to certain wild surges, you can have a Wild Surge where your spell is replaced by a random one of the SAME level. So no getting Time Stop with a first level spell unless it's Nahal's Reckless Dweomer, trying to cast said Time Stop.

18. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Has anyone ever got the one that drops a cow on your target? Does that actually do damage? I can just imagine a vain dragon like Firkraag being killed by a plummeting bovine :)

19. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Actually, the cow drop is pretty effective. IIRC it has no save and does something like 3d10 damage.

20. david w Gems: 19/31

A cow drop? ROFL!

Now I know I'vd got to try another game as a wild mage.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.