1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your prefered IWD2 difficulty?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

What difficulty do you like to play on in Icewind Dale 2 and do you use the HoF mode?

I either play on easiest without Heart of Fury or on Insane with Heart of Fury. It depends on my mood!

2. Gwenhwyfar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The easiest. This kind of game just wasn't made for 12-year-olds....

3. Anofalye Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The "easiest" is actually the hardest level, a lot more challenging then HoF. You lack the power and the backbone to face the challenges. You having 6 levels vs 8 levels in computer monsters is a lot harder then you having 132 levels VS 400 levels, as your tactics and preparation and use of terrain really kick in...with 2 spells and same attack rolls on fighters and mages, it is a lot harder.

Both are fun althought...it is fun to increase in levels and power.

But in HoF, my cleric alone can do almost everything(using many of her spells althought). In regular level, my cleric alone = a toast.

In HoF I find the Beastmaster fight very challenging...but all the rest was a cake walk so far. I am about to try on the Guardian, but I doubt he will substain 5 hasted Gelugons...or 6 Frost Giants/Remorhaz/Greater Werewolf + party.

At regular level, the 3rd Drums and the Guardian where very excedingly hard and require me a lot of try.

4. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I always play on the "core" level, regardless of the game.

5. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Core Rules.
    Also there is what I consider to be a bug in the game. In a normal game with insane difficulty your opponents have double the hit-points but you recieve the same XP as you would at core rules. Wierd
    How is it in HOF?

6. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Normal mode.

BTW- i hate those demigod goblins from HoF.

7. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I prefer and tend to play all my ie games on core rules. Must confess to re-rolling occasionally on level up though when I get a one...

Not so bad in BG2, but IWD I & II and BG when you roll some crap numbers early on it gets painful. Still, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I'm playing a HoF game at the moment, and tbh it's a lot easier than first time through. Sure it takes longer with the obscene amount of HP's to knock off, but I really don't expect any problems until the final chapter. Ie, boring.

8. Iroden Wildwanderer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Typically I use the easiest until I get a bit of power behind me, then I gradually increase the difficulty until I either cannot get any further or I'm sick of fighting hard monsters, in which case I turn the difficulty down again.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.