1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Top 10 Favourite Posters...

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Barmy Army, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Huum I agree with HB on this one, I respect everybody but I can think of some people who I'd like to thanks personaly (in no perticular order)

Arifirh--- Great Tech help and Python quote (I love Python as much as he)

Chevalier- Put some common and moral sense on me head

Kuemper- Y'know one day I'll beat you at the quote game :) my fav demon.

Felinoid--- Ahem meoow yes? My cat accent is good enough?

Arabwel- you're just weird and crazy

The Magpie- You're funny and had fun-ness ? to the boards

Tal- without him none would be possible

HB - More or less like Chevalier

Olimikrig - great fun even though he might eat me (as I am a gem)

And... finaly ALL of Sp...! yeah!

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Why I outta... :flaming: .

Complete knob is a bit strong dude, I was just more highly strung I think... :aww: .

3. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    hmm. Let me see.

• Felinoid - Always ready with a quick reply on almost any BG question you would have.
    • Apathic Empath - AE and cold logic are inseparable companions. Only downsite with him is that I sometimes got to fetch my good old English-English dictionary in order to decipher what the heck he's talking about :shake:
    • Ofelix - He's a talkative gem(tm btw), what more can I say?
    • Eldular - He always keep me going those late hours at the FAI
    • DreamingxAshley - for inventing the substance know as pithril Who wouldn't want a pink armour that'll protect you from the dreaded cone of cottoncandy I know I would
    • Kuemper - She's just all over the place :p
    • Kilted Crusader - He's pure evil I tell ya
    • Spellbound - For encouraging me to get a reality check. :heh: Like that's ever gonna happen
    • All ye pirates - Arrr! Greeat thing you got going on!

• Lastly - All the regular posters here on SP.

[ September 13, 2005, 23:18: Message edited by: olimikrig ]

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah, that's me alright. Sometimes I feel like I'm chevalier's twin. :confused:

Hmm, looks like Barmy is also one who would easy to rile up down at the pub . . . . . .

5. Barmy Army

Media:
    Not really, the internet is a completely different animal to speaking with the lads at the local ;) .

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I think it would be good to follow HB's idea. I wouldn't like to put anyone ahead of others. And I would also like to make it a bit longer than 10 people, if you don't mind. Perhaps I haven't been around for so long as some of the old regulars but I've met quite a lot of people. So, here goes:

Uytuun: She's a girl after my own heart. Caring and friendly but deadly when annoyed or otherwise provoked and has the potential to rock the boat and pwn some. A legendary party girl but a true lady and a renaissance mind. She has quite an epic reputation but she's a real woman in all respects. And a fine woman, in all respects. Can't but love her.

Nakia: Warm, caring and polite but has an opinion. I don't always agree with the opinions but I like the style. Decided, inspired but not fanatical.

Arabwel: A cheerful one. She has kept that contagious cheerfulness of a little girl in the process of acquiring the depth. Too smart for her own good and a trivia queen. Especially if it's geeky trivia.

Rallymama: Matron Mother Rallymama. Need I say more? The omnipresent mother figure and the romance guru. Some excellent fencing tales if you get her started.

Laiwethel: Tad bit young for a matron mother, but... I like her posts about archaelogy, Latin, Greek. I could have gone the same path and there is always a little nostalgic vibe. Whatever she says she like in the Sensorium is worth getting.

kuemper: She's pretty much everywhere in the Whatnots. Cheerful, friendly, compassionate and creative. Ever playful and doesn't get tired.

Barmy: A fine English chap. There is no pretence in him and yet he keeps the style. A great guy to talk to and a choice companion to down ales with, I'm sure. This must be arranged one day.

The Magpie: Jolly good fellow. The English style. Polite and politely interested, calm and collected. He's crafting his name yet, but it goes well and I like the result. And I would love to see him in debate.

Master of Nuhn: Inspired, spiritual, warm, tactful. He's not afraid to show his emotions and his cheerful attitude is contagious. He can bring cheerfulness into an AoDA debate. He never gets down.

Harbourboy: Fine gaming posts, sober presence, amicable guy. Calm but courageous (not afraid to stand up to The Bastard). Peace of mind, dare I say? Brings life to the forums, but is humble and doesn't have the idol complex (yet ;) ). Makes me think of Dune.

Ofelix: Aaah... young blood. But not in the sense of being new to the boards, by any means. He's a nice rebel accent in the ocean of English domination and he reminds me of myself from the past years, in more than just one way. Also, some girl is going to be really happy one day.

NonSequitur: Competent in debate. On the non-conservative side of things but by no means floating on current trends. He's always there to stand up to The Bastard but he's interested in finding common ground and there's much rejoicing when this happens.

Felinoid: If we agree, it's probably a typo. But he's a nice guy and full of life. He's managed to keep the fire that has left me. Plus, he's as new as you can get and yet everyone recognises him.

Death Rabbit: Competent opposition and a fine sport. And he well knows this. ;) He's not so much courageous as he's simply suicidal: he's always there to challenge The Bastard. :shake:

Aldeth: If he starts something, it's surely going to turn out interesting. He can take massive amounts of punishment without giving up. :shake: And he doesn't get offended over minutiae. He typically stands up to The Bastard but silently agrees on some things. ;)

Splunge: Yeah, Uncle Splunge. :shake: Dry wit and all. Always funny, even though he's an accountant. ;)

Taluntain: Apart from the whole admin thing, he's always there to help if he can. A sage of cRPG. He can be quite funny if he wants. He's competent and potent in the Alley, tackles The Bastard head on (recently seen on the same side, though).

There is a feeling of connection that I can't explain. And don't ask me about the Dune thing. It just comes to my mind.

[ September 15, 2005, 21:44: Message edited by: chevalier ]

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Damn. But I want to ask about the Dune thing!

OK, I'll ask something else instead. Who is "The Bastard"?

8. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Who, I wondeR, wHo could it bE? :hahaerr:

9. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

10. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Wow, I'm surprised I got one mention. I'm not a consistant poster though.

11. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I just realised that no-one has mentioned Splunge yet... was it just me who missed something, or all of us? The guy's hilarious (even when he's accusing me of being a scofflaw in a roundabout way).

EDIT: Good spot, Felinoid.

[ September 14, 2005, 05:18: Message edited by: NonSequitur ]

12. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

@NS:
    Nakia mentioned Splunge.

13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    You've more than understood my friend

14. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

You know, elephants! The big inconvenient things that stand in a room that everyone tries to avoid acknowledging or is actively ignoring.

Well, I was thinking about the number of seemingly-homicidal folk here on SP, at least according to the "Ten Things I'd Like To Do" thread.

15. Barmy Army

Media:
    Ah, those elephants...!
    (still don't get what you mean :lol: )

Let's have more opinions people, it's interestin'. Come on, open up ;) .

16. Harbourboy

Yeah, forgot Splunge.

Splunge - without a doubt in my mind the most dry and amusing poster of them all. Every one of his posts is guaranteed to be funny. It's pretty good to know that you can still keep a sense of humour even when you get REALLY old. Actually, I'm sure Splunge has never been the same since he was usurped by Nakia as the most venerable regular poster on the Boards and he has not been seen much lately. Or maybe he's just busy doing year end accounts.

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Felinoid: I can't recall Tal and Wirhe recently being seen on the same side. ;) Keep guessing. Hehe.

@HB: Yeah, Splunge is a classic. Always funny what he says.

And thank you for kind words, everyone. Glad to be here with you.

18. Barmy Army

Media:
    Ok, let's start a new game: 'Guess The Bastard'.

I don't know why, as I never really read any of his posts so don't know him at all, but I reckon it might be Darkwolf... ! :angel:

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    /me knows. :evil:

I am still deliberating on who I should pick, and if I can actually limit it to a set number *shrug*

But am amazed that so many of you guys like me :hippy:

20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I can think of just ten! :(

I mean... there are just too many people here who I enjoy reading the posts to (Even if I don't reply often)

There are the usual suspects who have haunted here from when I was new and there are the newer ones who have a joke or something amusing to say.

All I can say is my top ten is:

1) The SP regulars
    2) The Semi regulars
    3) The used to be regulars
    4) The one's who pop up now and then with something cool :p

very few people here I actually don't like a lot. :hmm:

Will have to think more to try and come up with a list it seems.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.