1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yuan-ti Temple - What Do I Do Now?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by davfra, Jan 5, 2003.

1. davfra Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I`m in the Yuan-Ti temple. As stated earlier, because I have a Palladin in my party, I had to kill everything.
    I`ve collected a stlle and done the heartless dead bit (I`ve still got the hearts. Can I dump them?).
    Is it ok to leave now and will I be able kill the guardian? (After I`ve found the other stlles) Or is there more that has to be done in the temple?
    Is there only one level in the temple?
    Help would be appreciated.
    davfra

[ January 05, 2003, 18:21: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Laocorn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well, there are five of the stelle's. The broken one in the temple, and four outside the temple. Those are the important thing, but it's always fun to butcher snake people, too. Now, if you've killed all of them, and gotten the wonderful stuff from Ojaiha's chambers (Thunder Clap = great for monks) then you go outside and place the stelles around the platform that you were on when you entered the temple. Hold down alt to see where to click, and it'll automatically place them for you. Once you've done this, an enormous green dragon appears. You get experience for making him appear, but the trick is that you now must kill him because he/she is the Guardian of the Portal.

Suggestion: Use Lower Resistance and then Disintegrate to kill it quickly. Do not try to fight it with weapons, even my barbarian using both a warhammer+4 and a bastard sword+4 was not doing too much damage. Oh yeah, and you should cast remove fear on your party before summoning the Guardian or your people will run like sniveling cowards all across the jungle. Take it from someone who knows :(

So yeah, that's what you do upon declaring jihad on those yuan-ti bastards. Hope you enjoyed killing them, because the Guardian will make you pay for it if you don't disintegrate him quick, fast, and in a hurry.

3. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

My paladin, using a long sword +4 killed that beast 1 on 1. :D
    Of course, I had some experience from past. Protection from Acid, 2 rings of acid resistance, Aasimar acid resistance for a total of about 25 acid resistance. Stoneskin, Remove Fear ;) , Blink(from Shifter's boots), Emotion:Hope, Recitation, Prayer, Protection from Evil, Lay on Hands etc.
    When I was finished protecting him with spells, his little portrait was filled. :grin:
    Slashing damage seems to work best on him.

[ January 07, 2003, 10:14: Message edited by: ANAKHA the ALMIGHTY ]

4. popbuggy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

sorc or wiz can do a great job killing that dragon, because mirror image with fireshield will damage the dragon greatly. I killed that dragon with my sorc mirror imaged with fireshield(red) and then modenkane...something sword to kill that thing.

5. Anakha the Almighty Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Does the fireshield deals damage when it hits your images but not actually you? wow! :aaa:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.