Wed, 15th May '02, 11:08pm
Since these two (3rd EDITION)games are supposed to be release this summer I was wondering which one I should buy. I need your advice. Remember, I want only one of them. And which one do you think is the more "similar" to the 3rd Edition P&P game?
Wed, 15th May '02, 11:17pm
- both tend to get as mach of 3rd ed (not all details are known)
- IWD2 is 2D, NWN is 3D
- IWD2 has the party support (you are not forced to use it though), NWN doesn't have the party
- in both games max MC may be set from 3 classes, so no F/M/T/C/S/W/R/.../etc
- NWN has so called dungeon master mode, IWD2 doesn't
- NWN has included toolset, IWD2 doesn't
- Bioware is giving two NWN beta copies at SP, BIS gives nothing.
Calculate it. My answer is already known. I fancy the trust, not the fuss. My needs are stories, not particled super power effects on the screen "borrowed" from FPS games.
Thu, 16th May '02, 1:01am
Is IWD2 a sort of hybrid of the 2nd/3rd rules. Please give me more details.
[This message has been edited by desperado (edited May 16, 2002).]
Thu, 16th May '02, 9:45am
IWD2 is a fully 3e game. Go read all the stuff at http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/IWD2/index.htm
All the info you need is there.