View Full Version : Known bugs list. Possible spoilers ahead.
Sun, 1st Sep '02, 10:53am
Just what is says.
Let's write about all glitches and bugs we encounter, then Extremist :) will talk to someone on the BIS forums, and they might be fixed in the next patch.
I have a glitch with the Two-Weapon Fighting feat. If I take it at start up, its effect does not work - presicely it does not take off the -2 (out of -4) penalty when using two weapons.
If I take it in-game, it works as it should for a small period of time (maybe before level-up) and then it's -4 penalty again.
Sun, 1st Sep '02, 2:31pm
Awsome idea! Just don't post that the game crashes...
But lemme post known ingame bugs for now so you don't need to bother with these:
I have a ranger and one of his racial enemy are orcs. I have a half-orc in my party. If I have the Guardian script enabled on the ranger he keeps attacking the orc. I have to put none for his script so that this doesn't happen. Is it a bug?
Bwahahahahahaaaaaaaaa. When I have to talk to Torak in Chap 1, the game freezes.
Suspected to be a script bug.
Possible pre-patch solution if it occurs: don't talk to him but kill him.
Possible strategy of avoiding this bug: don't quicksave in area he's in (the second encounter near Deseths). I'm unable to pick dialogue choice when talking to Dereth Springsong, the druid of Shaengarne. Afterwards this happens with other NPCs.
Seems that this is hardware related. Try with:
Rclick on desktop -> Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Performance -> Move Hardware Acceleration down one "notch" When I buy stackable items, I lose the money but in my inventory there is only one item?
Install the beta patch (http://icewind2.blackisle.com/patchv2_01.html).These things are reported, but are not taken as bugs:
I have not been able to control charmed creatures!!!
Charm effect: Creature will only attack enemy creatures that attack it. If the creature knows any healing spells, they will heal the nearest ally.
Dire Charm effect: Creature will attack the nearest enemy in melee combat. If the creature has Rage, they will Rage (and use the Improved Rage if high enough level).
Mental Domination effect: Creature can be controlled by the player. If you leave the creature alone, it will try to buff/heal the nearest ally. It will use offensive spells at your enemies. When attacking, it will use a ranged weapon if it has it, but switch to melee when it closes in on an enemy. In Targos, the wailing ghost has disappeared and my magic bottle is now a trash.
Of course it disappeared - during the day. Rest till it's night. I have a bard and the level bonus he is supposed to receive for knowledge(arcana) is not showing up on the character sheet!
The bard's bonuses are given after the game starts, if you take a look at the skills/feats sections in the record screen, the skills that bards get bonuses in will be something like Knowledge Arcana: 8(1) - the 8 is the bard's current skill (including the bonus), and the (1) is the amount of extra points which were included in the value. In other words, the lvl bonus for knowledge (arcana) was implemented differently that what was stated in the manual. I have a drow character and in her character stats area it lists drows favored class as cleric yet in the manual and the guide it says wizard. I would guess that the manual is right since they get the +2 to INT.
The drow favored classes were changed to clerics for females and wizards for male, per 3E, so the guide and the manual are out of date for this one. Robes Cancel Monk AC Bonus From Wisdom!
That's because robes are considered as armor. Borderline realistic only, but per rules nevertheless. When I manage to get away from hordes of ennemies and manage to hide, is it normal that although they don't see me (at least I think they don't since they don't attack) they gather all around my character?
It's a limitation of the engine. If they can't see a PC, but they've been alerted, they unerringly move to the nearest PC. Since your rogue is the nearest, they'll just follow him around.And that's it! Nothing else. The BIS TS forum is "only" 5 pages long and 99% of posts are game crash problems solved with the beta patch (for majority).
[ September 01, 2002, 14:47: Message edited by: Extremist ]
Sun, 1st Sep '02, 3:45pm
I love that thing about racial enemy orc and halforc in party! :grin: Perfect implementation!
Sun, 1st Sep '02, 5:35pm
I found a potential bug with Necromancers.
In the manual, it states that opposite schools are:
Ilusion and Transmutation.
In the game information screen (and character creation screen), it states:
Enchantment and Illusion.
As far as I know, I haven't been able to scribe Enchantment, Alteration OR Illusion spells.
Anyone else playing a necro out there to confirm?
Sun, 1st Sep '02, 6:49pm
Only problem Ive found with it, is delayed movement or somesuch, I tell my characters to move, and it takes them normally between half a second to four or five seconds to move.
The longer times are normally in battle ... just when I dont need them!
Sun, 1st Sep '02, 7:47pm
1. For Cade Strai and others who have problems with game running/installing/crashing I've posted a list of possible solutions in this thread:
2. More script reports:
- Druid agressive script makes druid do - nothing.
- With the rogue script activated, rogue will attempt to hide right after the game is loaded ("wooosh" - get invisible), but after that it can only be done manually. And rougue doesn't 'search' either. It looks like after that initial hide, it gets caught in a loop or something that never allows it to hide again.
- The cleric - party buff script seems to 'party buff' at the strangest times. Like, right after game is loaded... or when the party is too spread out for it to do much good. Either way, the spell typically gets burnt when there are no enemies around, which doesn't make much sense... especially for short term spells like 'Aid' and 'Bless'.
3. Necromancer does have an "issue". His opposed schools are enchantment and illusion (as the game says, not the manual), but he can't scribe the spell Eagle's Splendor (transmutation) to his spellbook. Note that price of this spell is also incorrect - it is priced as a 1st level spell, and it is a 2nd level spell.
4. Notice that I'm posting already reported bugs which will be taken care of within the patch.
[ September 02, 2002, 00:17: Message edited by: Extremist ]
Sun, 1st Sep '02, 8:34pm
Yeah, just realized the Necro thing myself, after successfully scribing the Transmutation spell, Haste.
However, it WAS the Eagle's Splendour spell that I had received that made me think that my Necro was unable to scribe Transmutations spells.
Thanks for the speedy head's up though.
Mon, 2nd Sep '02, 12:48am
Ok, another one detected:
If you have Rapid Shot enabled when druid initially shapeshifts, game will crash whenever you try to return to Human form.
Disabling it manually before shapeshifting won't cause crash.
[ September 02, 2002, 00:52: Message edited by: Extremist ]
Mon, 2nd Sep '02, 12:52am
My Necromancer was able to scribe sleep (enchantment) and minor mirror image (illusion). He's a Sorceror who took one level of Necromancer. I guess since I can cast all spells as a sorceror I'm allowed to also as a specialty mage.
Mon, 2nd Sep '02, 7:13pm
Grrr, the saga continues...
1. Ray of Enfeeblement come up as a first level spell but is priced as 2nd level spell, manual says it's 2nd level and in spell description says it's 2nd level spell (possibly a remnant from ad&d where it actually was lvl2 spell, but in 3E it's lvl1 spell).
2. After Wandering Village, resurrecting characters at any village healer will crash the game out to desktop. Drow camp healers will perform the spell animation, but the dead character never appears.
3. The old 1st/2nd edition D&D resurrection rules for elves are still applied (that is, Raise Dead doesn't work on elves - at least the spell is ghosted at all healers for elves). This rule was dumped in 3rd edition - elves can be the target of raise dead spells the same as any other race now.
4. In the Aurilite ice cavern, the Queen Rhemoraz at the end of the tunnel appears to be able to hit you with the (burning? fiery?) sphere spell no matter where you are on the map, after she has seen you once. Noted as script bug.
5. There is this report similar to Modjahed's by Sammael:
<quote> Hand axes apparently aren't considered to be "light" weapons in IWD2 for the purposes of dual-wielding. This could be a bug, or a design choice. Multiple players have reported that their attack penalties are -4/-4 when dual-wielding a medium weapon and a hand axe (with Ambidexterity and Two-Weapon Fighting), and the correct penalties (3E roolz) should be -2/-2. </quote>
Also it's not clear if this happens to every race - perhaps BIS added size bonuses/penalties?
[ September 02, 2002, 19:55: Message edited by: Extremist ]
Mon, 2nd Sep '02, 8:47pm
Ex, I foound the problem with why my party wasnt moving when I told them too, I needed to up the frame-rate, that cleared it up :)
Wed, 4th Sep '02, 10:41pm
The "Wandering Hunter's Armor" is described in the text as "Light Armor" with a 10% arcane failure risk. However, it shows on the character record as disabling my ranger's dual wield feats and it gave a 20% arcane spell failure risk.
I also noticed that hand axes were not light. Since the character in question was a half orc, I doubt there is a size issue.
Fri, 6th Sep '02, 5:11am
I've been trying to drop a party member and create another through the Party Formation Screen, with no luck. The manual states that by accessing that screen (through the "Head" on the lower right portion of the game screen) and then selecting "Modify Character", we should be able to drop, create, import, etc. Instead, what I'm seeing when I select "Modify Character, is a "Character Information" screen, with no options for any of those actions. I was planning on sending you a copy of my on-line manual, but I can't seem to find it.....and my readme file is corrupted. :hmm: Thoughts?
Fri, 6th Sep '02, 2:03pm
One possible bug that I encountered was near the beginning. A dwarf tells you that you can unlock his chest in his house, but only after you disable a trap on it. I tried to disable it, but it wouldn't let me. My thief had points in her disable traps skill, so I'm not sure why it didn't work. Of course, after I found the trap, it wouldn't let me pick the lock, because it kept acting like it was trying to disarm the trap. I ended up forcing the lock, and setting off the trap. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
Sun, 8th Sep '02, 1:17pm
This one is pretty nasty:
Basically, if you have a shield in the first weapon combo, and your currently equipped weapon at the time of the save was a crossbow or bow, AND you have the robes equipped, you won't be able to load your saved game!!!
Fri, 13th Sep '02, 12:24pm
Strange bug. Annoying, but nothing big.
At random intervals, when my comp is loading a new area, it will just reboot. :) Really weird. Luckily I can just load the autosave.