Thu, 19th Sep '02, 4:25pm
So whoes recently bought Icewind Dale2?
I have and yeah its a really awesome game!!!!!!
But there are many problems with it.
For example whenever I travel throuhg out areas the game just freezes. And that pisses the hell outta me!!!!!!!!
maybee ne one know the solution?
Or have u other troubles with the game?
just start writing and maybee ull get to enjoy the game like hundreds of others do!!!
[ September 19, 2002, 18:41: Message edited by: Taluntain ]
Thu, 19th Sep '02, 6:39pm
1. Do you have the beta patch installed?
2. Go read the Forum Rules like you were asked when you registered. Spell words normally. No form of l33t is allowed here. Overuse of exclamation marks isn't necessary. And doubling of topics (I just deleted a copy of this one you made 5 minutes later) will just get your posting privileges removed.
[ September 19, 2002, 18:42: Message edited by: Taluntain ]
Thu, 19th Sep '02, 8:50pm
Please, post your system specs (OS, graphics and sound card).
Also post the type of installation you've made (min, rec or full).
Fri, 20th Sep '02, 12:31am
I have a friend who has similiar problems.. his IWD2 just hang up all the time. I think his machine specs are pretty standard stuff except for Radeon graphics card.
Anyone else using Radeon.. works fine or?
Fri, 20th Sep '02, 5:03pm
ATI cards need older drivers to avoid crashing.
To tell the diffirence between which drivers you need for with os is easy.
wme-radeon-4-13-01-9050-efg.exe is Catalyst 2.2 for windows me and 98/98se
w2k-radeon-5-13-01-6043-efg.exe is a radeon driver for windows 2000
wxp-radeon-6-13-10-6166-efg.exe is catalyst 2.3 for windows xp
After selecting the os and card for the link you'll see a link called 'Previous Display Driver Versions.' This link will take you to a page that has all the drivers offically released by ATI for the OS and card you have selected. It lists the release date and gives a brief description of the drivers.
What I'm trying to say, IWD2 crashes on any ATI card if you are using Catalyst drivers. Install any previous driver that is not Catalyst.
BIS and ATI are working together on the problem right now. Until the patch for this is released by BIS or ATI updates drivers, I'm afraid you'll have to use old pre-catalyst drivers.
Hang ups on your friend's machine? If you mean lags, tell him to try with these things:
if he has anti-virus software running in background, he should disable it before starting the game he can try with setting both audio and voice performance settings to basic acceleration (example taken on Windows ME/Soundblaster Live Value):
1. In control panel open "sound and multimedia properties"
2. In Audio/Advanced/Performance move the slider left to standard acceleration
3. Click on voice and change your prefered device to "game compatible device". After that click on advanced, then performance tabs. Move slider to the left to standard acceleration. The acceleration level on the "game compatible device" will revert to full acceleration each time computer is restarted. he can try with lowering color depth in IWD2 config he can try with disabling EAX (environmental audio, options inside the game)One thing, if these things don't help, please tell him to check if increasing frame rate (for example, try to increase it on 35) helps against the lag.
[ September 20, 2002, 17:09: Message edited by: Extremist ]
Wed, 25th Sep '02, 5:00pm
You guys asked about what type of softwere do I have.
Well this is it:
Pentium 3 665 hz
Ge Froce 256
Sound Blaster Live!
382 MB of Ram
15 GB of memory.
The other wierd thing is that after I installed
IWD2 Baldurs Gate2 started working really slow.