View Full Version : Just another Kotor thread *spoilers inside*
Sun, 4th Apr '04, 11:01am
I just arrived on dantoiine and had the dream in which Revan and Malak discover the first stellar map.
After a closer look Malak still has its jaw at that time, despite already having his artificial voice (at least in the French version). Does anyone knows how the guy lost half his face? the mandalorians, Revan himself, a bad shave with his lightsaber?
Is it something I missed before or just another plot hole?
Mon, 12th Apr '04, 5:01pm
Plot hole, I believe. It's never explained, that I can recall. Though there comes a point near the end where you see why the jaw-piece is necessary (very cool!), it doesn't really explain how said injury came about. If somebody else knows, or can point out where in the game I missed it (without spoiling anything for Oxy), I'd like to know.
Orkrist the Cleaver
Mon, 12th Apr '04, 10:01pm
All dark jedi use smokeless tobacco, usually Copenhagen Long Cut. The end result is an artificial, synthesized voice and the loss of the lower mandible.
Mon, 12th Apr '04, 11:02pm
The answer to that question never comes. I'm quite certain of that since i finished the game 4 times already. :D
I've been asking myself that question too though... what in the nine hells happened to that guy's jaw ?
Wed, 14th Apr '04, 12:10am
Speaking of plot holes and inconsistencies:
In the dream about Revan and Malak discovering the first star map on Dantooine, Revan is wearing... the robes you only find on the star forge, or am I wrong?
Wed, 14th Apr '04, 12:18am
You're wrong, I think. I don't recall there being anything Star-Forgedy about Revan's dream robes. I don't know what you get if you're playing the dark side, but my Star Forge robe (light side) was white, and I couldn't put the hood on. It was a normal black cloak and a mask.
Now the origins and significance of Revan's mask...now THAT'S a plot hole I'd like filled.
Wed, 14th Apr '04, 12:21am
When I played as a dark Jedi, the robes I got on the Star Forge looked just like the ones in the dream.
Wed, 14th Apr '04, 5:54am
So far, I can only say this:
1. Grace and Jaheria. The Mon Motha chick from Outcast. Nordom (more or less; slightly less).
2. God in Heaven. I hated the Sand People in the first movie. And I hated them in the 4th, even though they weren't shown (memories). I hated them just as much in the 5th film. And Bioware made them treehuggers. Dude. I was reading the walkthrough, and I had planned to use Nordom to talk to them. But then I read the story about how they used to destroy everything, but now they loved the sand and everyone else was raping it. I wiped them all out, and I was still looking for more. Bioware totally made a good call on the Sand people. Someone find me the individual responsible for that part of the plot, and I'll hook them up with Glenfinnan for the rest of their life.
3. There's the trial with Sundry on Manannan. One of those nasty little moral choices that really suck a-hole. He whacked the Sith chick, who was using him for information. But if he's convicted, the Republic might very well lose the war. Kudos to Bioware for slapping that little piece of junk in there, where it exposes all the 12 and 13-year-olds with something like that. I dunno if anyone really thought about it, but after stuff like Uru and tToEE where everything is either right or wrong, it's nice to see some Moral Grey AreaŽ added into the mix. Maybe it went un-noticed; I dunno. It was just refreshing to see.
4. I enjoyed the banter between Mission and Bastilla, with the force-push display. Very amusing in a feminine way; I've no doubt both voice-actresses got a kick out of that one, after doing the scene a couple of times and kind of getting into the characters.
5. On the guy's jaw, I dunno. I'm guessing he caught a saber too near the jaw or something. I'll keep a lookout for it.
That is all. For now.