1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kua-toa dungeon refuses to load

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by slimkim, Mar 20, 2009.

1. slimkim Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The Kuo-Toa area in the underdark (BG2) refuses to load, the loading screen displays, it beeps and the game freezes. I have no idea why, this is the first time I've had problems with it, and i havent installed any new mods. The only thing I can think of is that the area file is stuffed, so if someone could send me a (working) version of the file (AR2402) I would very much appreciate it, or if anyone knows of a solution to this problem...
    Normally I would just skip the place, but unfortunately its the only way out of the underdark that I know of.

Please help its extreamly frustrating.

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I had a similiar problem, though I had a lot of mods. My game crashed each and every time I tried to enter Kuo Toa lair.

Try to enable error logging in: Open your baldur.ini file in BG2 folder via notepad and add "Logging On=1" under [Program Options], save the file, load your game, try to enter the lair again. When crashed, check a file named baldur.err created in your BG2 folder. This file lists the buggy, broken files needed to be fixed, such as area, creature, or maybe items. Post the contents here. It may help. I took this advice from another poster in a different forum. It worked for me then. Hope it can help you!

3. slimkim Gems: 1/31

done and done:

---------------------Start Logging Session---------------------

ASSERTION FAILED!
    File: CGameArea.cpp
    Line: 5198

Exp: creatureData.GetDataSize()

Msg: Creature file not found UDPRINCE
    Run Debugger?

And for the record, i got some mods installed but nothing that i havent tried before.
    thanks in advance

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

My Baldur.err file said:

ASSERTION FAILED!
    File: CGameArea.cpp
    Line: 5198

Exp: creatureData.GetDataSize()

Msg: Creature file not found UDPRINCE
    Run Debugger?

He he he see the resemblence? You have the very same problem as I did!

OK the file UDPRINCE is corrupted you need to remove it here is the quick solution:Open your override folder, find the file UDPRINCE and CUT it and paste it to a different location, say, to your desktop. Reload your game and try again and tell me the results!

Montresor likes this.
  5. slimkim Gems: 1/31

worked like a charm! thanks a lot man. youre a lifesaver:D

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I am so happy for you! It is rather a rare occasion that such a nasty game-stopper bug can be fixed so easily!

Well go and have fun then! Good luck! :)

7. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I had this exact same bug happen to me, and my game is very lightly modded. I dug up the answer from the SCS2 forums just a little while back. Silverstar's bug saved my game too!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.