Donations
GOG.com
Sorcerer's Place Home | Chatrooms | BoM Rules & FAQ
Sorcerer's Place Stores: Games, Books, DVDs, Merchandise
(buying via these links & our affiliated stores below helps support the site - thanks!)

Have you liked us yet?
Sorcerer's Place on Facebook

Boards o' Magick BoM Blogs!

Go Back   Boards o' Magick > Blogs

Notices

PLEASE SUPPORT SORCERER'S PLACE BY BUYING FROM OUR NEW SHOP!

Old
Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

The Story of Ghost

Posted Mon, 23rd Apr '12 at 2:44am by Dice

The first cat I ever had was shortly after my father died when I was 10. I had always loved cats and dogs and just about every other animal. But I could never have a cat because my father was highly allergic to them. So the summer following my fathers death I spent a couple weeks with some relatives in Saskatchewan and at the end of it came home with a black and white farm kitten of my choosing from the litter in their barn. I named him Patches and he lived a long time too.

I got...
SPS Account Holder
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

USB DSO: Final Form & Data Captures

Posted Fri, 20th Apr '12 at 10:25pm by Blackthorne TA

Here are a few pics of the finished and buttoned up enclosure and a few screen caps of the Oscilloscope software I wrote with the Oscilloscope hooked up to a waveform generator at various waveforms and frequencies.

Here's the enclosed project without the oscilloscope probe from the top:

Here's the enclosed project without the oscilloscope probe from the bottom:
SPS Account Holder
Administrator
Master in his Own Mind
Old

USB DSO: The Enclosure

Posted Tue, 10th Apr '12 at 5:34am by Blackthorne TA

Given my DIY nature as seen in the development of this project so far, you should be able to guess that I would design and fabricate the enclosure myself as well.

I decided to build it in two parts from sheet aluminum, bending the sides with a box brake.

Here is the design of the two halves:

The right side is the bottom half and the left is the top....
SPS Account Holder
Administrator
Master in his Own Mind
Old

Eyes in the sky

Posted Sun, 8th Apr '12 at 10:13am by Dice

Each time I think that I'm almost finished with the sadness painting it changes.

Presently it is a large creature with an orange hell background. Hell being part of the theme of sadness as a sin.

A couple of days ago I incorporated text into the piece. This morning I added some more text and then later decided that I wanted to get rid of it. So when I started painting this evening I did nothing I had planned to do. I swear the hand has a mind of its own or at least...
SPS Account Holder
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Storm

Posted Mon, 2nd Apr '12 at 5:34am by Dice

So I thought I would brainstorm some ideas about what to paint. There is a lot of potential in a 60" x60" canvas. The actual canvas size is 62" x 64" but I blocked out the appropriate size area with blue paint about inch wide more or less.

A large part of making fine-art is the process of thought. Most people who have not studied art do not understand the significance of Abstract Art. Abstract is actually a study taken from real life and abstracted down to a varying...
SPS Account Holder
Posted in Uncategorized

Sorcerer's Place is an independent project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of time and money on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!