1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

HoF Solo?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by eldakar666, Jan 14, 2009.

1. eldakar666 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi. I've completed not so long ago HoF mode with 4 men squad, and I would like to try with one character only for challange. Any ideas? I guess pure sorcerer won't work because I won't be able to kill final bosses..?

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Druid or paladin would be my choice

3. eldakar666 Gems: 1/31

Paladin? Druid? Wwwwhaaaaat? :x Topic says HoF not normal mode.. There is no way that paladin with his lousy 30~ ac will beat HoF. And druid..? No way, even with summons.

Silvery likes this.
  4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You don't think you can do it with a druid?? You aren't trying then honey!

You're right about the paladine, I have no idea why I said that :doh:

5. eldakar666 Gems: 1/31

There is no way on earth that you could beat final battle in HoF with a druid. This is two-part battle, and you can't rest.. By the time when they teleport to pool to regenerate, you would be out of summoning spells = game over.

6. Silvery

Media:
    no you wouldn't, I've done it

7. eldakar666 Gems: 1/31

Did you use easy of use component, that makes druid able to shapeshift into half-dragon?

8. Silvery

Media:
    Nope, I'm just clever.....and slightly drunk

9. JT Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It's been done with Bard and Monk, so no reason Druid can't too..

10. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Of course a pure sorcerer would work, it's the second strongest class in the game, why wouldn't it? If ANYTHING would work, it'd be the sorcerer.
    Cleric would work, naturally. They're the strongest class.
    Warriors would have a difficult if not impossible time, perhaps if they wasted tons of expensive arrows, and ran around a lot... :skeptic:ok, maybe they could, but any class could do it that way.
    Unmodded druids are really short-changed with spells and shapeshifts, but they could pull it off. The Tremor spell will be really handy. I'm not sure how susceptible the final enemies are to elemental damage, but it could work.
    :bigeyes:I'm surprised a monk could do it - was it in Insane mode (enemies do double damage)?
    A bard might do well, but I don't know:hmm:. If in doubt, fire +5 arrows:p [never thought I'd give that advice]

When soloing, I'd just try to get one of the twins first, and ignore their goons. The quicker the battle, the better. Hope your summons can distract the rest, and hack at a twin until you win. With a full party, I go for the weakest goons first. I'm not sure it's the most efficient way, but it certainly makes for a more epic battle:D

11. eldakar666 Gems: 1/31

I don't think that you can damage Isair and Madae with missile weapon. In my game, they were immune to flying death axe. There is also another problem, when there is second part of final battle how the hell do you summon all the crap when you get attacked insantly by few Slayer xvim knights. Oh, and everyone hits you non stop for 100+ damage if you don't have 71 AC. So the way I see it, I need a multiclass character with high AC with good both meele and magic. Meele - because I was UNABLE to damage both bosses and xvim knights with magic.

12. Silvery

Media:
    I can't remember the name of the spell - it might be static charge - the one that does the indoor lightning is really quite a handy one in the final battle.

When I said paladin earlier, I meant cleric.

I think you're right Eldakar, missile weapons have no effect on the twins

13. coineineagh

coineineagh I wish for a horde to overrun my enemies Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I've always been curious as to the exact resistances of Isair and Madae, so I looked them up in NearInfinity. Major spoilers - if you like the mystery and challenge of the twins, don't read it.
    63MADAN2.CRE; Madae's resistances:
    fort/refl/will=23/13/19
    AC 28
    390HP
    Fire 100!
    Cold 10
    Electricity 0!
    Acid 10
    Spell 40
    Magic Fire 20 (that would be fire from spells, or fire from high-level spells???)
    Magic Cold 5 (does the 'magic' type stack with the normal type for even higher resistance:hmm:)
    Slashing 10
    Bludgeoning 10
    Piercing 10
    Missile 10 (stacks with missile damage type for 20 resistance; not too bad:thumb:)
    Magic Damage 10
    3 Luck
    Dreadmaster of Bane 20 / Fighter 10
    Blind-Fight, Dirty Fighting, Greater Spell Focus: ALL, Greater Spell Penetration (this is nearly useless to them; it won't help them against a level 17-up Drow or DG monk, and they really don't need it against anyting else...)
    30 Concentration
    24STR, 16DEX, 16CON, 16INT, 26WIS, 22CHA
    Lawful Evil
    Immune to either +3 or +4 and lower weapons (couldn't find the code that handles this)
    Immune to: Death magic, Kill Target (Power Word:, Quivering Palm & stuff), Slaying, Petrification, Blindness, Berserk, Charm, Panic, Feeblemind, Intoxication, Confusion, Hold, Control, Hopelessness, Control Undead, Hold Undead, Animal Rage, Stun, Enfeeblement, Disease, Deafness, Poison, Nausea, Rage, Rage, Despair, Hope:bigeyes:, Fatigue, Sneak Attack, See Invisible, Vampiric Touch, Bleeding Wounds, Disintegrate, (Mass) Dominate, Wail o/t Banshee, Holy Word, Black Blade of Disaster (then what the heck is this stupid-ass spell FOR?!?), Otiluke's Resilient Sphere.
    Most of those immunities are conferred by undroppable items - I wish I had a bossring!:love:
    Regeneration (amount unknown).
    Her weapon is the Morningstar of Glory: Sure Striking (+5), no attack bonus, 1d8+3d6 bludgeoning damage, increased chances of scoring critical. I'm sure she also gives off some kind of elemental damage too, though. Probably cold. She has Weapon Specialization: Mace.

63ISARN.CRE; Isair's resistances:
    Assume them to be equal to Madae's, unless mentioned below:
    280HP
    fort/refl/will=13/17/19
    Normal Cold 0 (but he's a demon?!?)
    Rogue 10 / Sorcerer 20
    22STR, 22DEX, 20CON, 24INT, 20WIS, 26CHA
    Neutral Evil
    His weapons are the Scimitar: Blood Trails: Sure Striking (+5), no attack bonus, 1d6+1d6 slashing damage, Wounding: Inflicts 2 additional points of damage per round for 10 rounds. And in the off-hand he has the Scimitar of Defense: 1d6+5 slashing damage, +5 attack bonus, +5 enchantment, Deflection Bonus: +3, +2d6 electrical damage!
    There's a third weapon in his inventory he can reach for: Scimitar: Ichor: 1d6+4 slashing dmg, +4AB, +4 ench., Venom: +2 points of poison damage every second for 6 seconds, Fortitude save for none
    He only has Weapon Focus in Longswords, but this is compensated by the Gauntlets of weapon Expertise and dual-wielding feats.

Isair is definitely the one to go for!
    Suffice to say, missiles are not useless. If you can hit hard, you'll get through resistance, and beat regeneration, and you could win.
    1) of course not, silly. The Flying Death axes are +1/+3 enchanted, respectively. The twins are immune.
    2) You can summon before opening the door out of the first room - the cutscreen won't kick in before that.
    3) way to go, eldakar666! You're doing Insane difficulty:D:thumb:

14. eldakar666 Gems: 1/31

OH this looks really nice now. Thanks for research. Mayby I would go with druid, because it's much more interesting then sorcerer or cleric.. Do you think that elemental legion is good? I would add some levels of sorcerer to have some protection from evil spells and mirror images.. :p No Wail of banshee but lot of fingers of death.. But when I check spells that druids get, especialy at higher levels.. well they are kinda poor. Drowish 10 dreadmaster/20 sorcerer looks way cooler. Prayer + recitation + emotion: despair + malison + WoB.. 18/20/10/5/7/20.. good damage and ab with champion strenght combined with tensers..

EDIT: not sure, should I go with maxing strenght or charisma? Does charisma help with DC of Wail of Banshee?

15. Silvery

Media:
    A lot of that stuff won't work on the twins though.

Elemental legion is definately good, the elementals are pretty single minded! The down side is that they'll only attack what they want to, you can't aim them. However, they do a lot of damage quite quickly and can take a good few hits as well.

16. eldakar666 Gems: 1/31

Hmm I just started my drowish female dreadmaster/sorcerer. Droped wisdom to 3 and will drink 2x potion +2wis-1dex eventually and with items and bane bonus I will get 13+ wisdom.

17. Silvery

Media:
    Keep us all updated...I for one want to see how it goes for you!

18. JT Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    But... why do you want 13+ WIS?

19. eldakar666 Gems: 1/31

I need wisdom to be able to cast cleric spells. I will take 10 clerics levels after 20 levels of sorcerer.

20. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

If you drink the potion and get the bane bonus twice you'll even have 16 wis with the +5 bonus from the every god's ring.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.