Thread: O Canada!
View Single Post
Old Wed, 23rd May '12, 3:59pm   #77
Aldeth the Foppish Idiot
Mod Reviewer
Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking

Froggster Champion! Gold Miner Champion! Straw Game Champion! Tubin Champion! Worm Catcher Champion!
Like: 29
Liked 54 Times in 45 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 30,263
Level: 47
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Aldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond reputeAldeth the Foppish Idiot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beren View Post
They were paying the lowest tuition in the country beforehand. And still will be, or very close to, after the proposed increases. The demand itself gets zero sympathy from the rest of Canada
They wouldn't get any sympathy from me either. There are people in the US who have questioned the long term value of attending a college or university, simply because tuition rates are such that it would take you a huge amount of time to make up in future earnings what it cost you to go to school in the first place. But that's because tuition at many US schools is upwards of $50,000 per year. As I understand it (and Canadians feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here), you can get a 4-year degree anywhere in Canada for less than that.

You'll likely make up in earnings whatever it is you paid for your degree in a few years. And even if you borrowed the whole thing, it's not like coming out of college in debt $20K or $30K is debilitating. Hell, I graduated from college with $20K in debt, and my loans have been paid off for a few years now. However, there are people that come out of school $200K in debt. That's like buying a house, except you don't have the house. That IS debilitating, unless you did something like go to medical school where a high salary during your career is assured.

Tell those whiny, *****ing, Quebec brats to suck it up!