SPS Account Holder
Lim'n Lime

Like: 6
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
vBActivity - Stats
XP: 4,219
Level: 20
vBActivity - Bars
Achievements New DeliveryHappy Anniversary!BoM ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
Awards New Server Contributor (2012) - For helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!Project Eternity SP Immortalizer - For helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in Project Eternity!
reepnorp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot View Post
But that's because tuition at many US schools is upwards of $50,000 per year. As I understand it (and Canadians feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here), you can get a 4-year degree anywhere in Canada for less than that.
Speaking from personal experience here, I graduated last year from a 4 year (5 year if you include co-op/internship) program with a Bachelor of Mathematics, and excluding housing costs, I was paying under $3,500 per term. Through 8 school terms that comes out to about $28,000 for my degree.

Since I can still log in and check my finance information I decided to pull the exact numbers. Strictly for tuition, over my time in university it cost me $19,283. Adding in all the non-housing related incidentals (such as various student fees, services fees and other junk like that), the total is $27,490, and if you include the terms I was paying for on-campus residence, the total I paid the school was $38,276.

Strictly from a tuition standpoint, the cost per term was as follows

$2,192.00
$2,280.00
$2,371.00
$2,371.00
$2,466.00
$550.00 (I was taking one course through distance education while on co-op)
$2,565.00
$2,296.00 (only took four courses this term)
reepnorp is offline   Reply With Quote