1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kitrax's Goodbye

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Kitrax, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It took me a day before I could post here. I am not sad, I am mad.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Anger is a very understandable emotion -- as is sadness, frustration, disappointment, and even fear.

3. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    has anyone noticed that his amazon wish list is still sitting at the top of this forum?

4. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    So I totally missed this on Facebook, but just caught up and thought I should come add my voice to the chorus of condolences. I won't share my opinions on the situation but I appreciate this is probably a hard time for all, the loss of a friend is always a time for reflection. It's been a while since I posted but this place and everyone on it has a special place in my heart, so yeah...before I ramble on too long.

My condolences.

Nakia likes this.
  5. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oh my. I just saw this post, and read through nearly all of the 7 pages.

I knew Kitrax less than probably most of the people posting here, but I've been on Sorcerer's place for a long time, and as long as I've been here, he's been here. He was the kind of poster who was hard to miss. The few times I interacted with him, we were usually disagreeing about something.

But, he was a person, a real person whose real name I had learned over the years. I know, for example, that only one of his siblings showed for his wedding. He once posted a wedding picture, and made an unhappy comment about the no shows. Funny, but I always felt bad for him about that. I remember how shocked I was at just how willing he was to show "steamy" modeling photos of his new bride. I knew they were young, but they seemed happy, and I hoped they would manage to beat the odds.

I also remember seeing his posts about the separation and divorce. I really felt for Kitrax, and on a couple of occassions posted my support and condolences for what he was going through. He was one of the more open and honest individuals I think I've ever encountered, online or offline.

Like him or not, he had a certain spark that was apparent even on a message board. That spark, sadly, is now snuffed out. I am very saddened by this tragedy. Sometimes it feels like you just can't make it to tomorrow... but while those periods can come, they also pass, and usually bring something better, worth waiting for. It's just sad that Aaron wasn't able to see that in his final moments.

My deepest condolences to his friends and family.

6. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    My heartfelt thanks to those of you who knew Kit in the real world and took the time and thought to tell us about him and share your expriences, since it only reinforces the feelings that all of us had for him within our community. Kit was a great member and always helpful and friendly towards everyone here. It's reassuring to know that he was exactly the same in real life towards those who were lucky enough to know him, as he was here on SP. Thank you for sharing with us. :)

Nakia likes this.
  7. chocula Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yeah, I was supposed to be one of his groomsmen at his wedding, and I too, was unable to make it to Utah from California for the occasion. That didn't stop me from attending his funeral, however, which I could just visualize him saying: You didn't make it to my wedding, you better make my funeral, heheh.

You are so right about his honesty. He was always himself, never pretentious, never deceitful. Definitely a rare quality in this day and age. And that spark was recognized by all who knew him.

This seems like an excellent group of people here. Typically not a big fan of internet message boards, but you guys seem great. And I'm sure many of you here even knew a side to Aaron that I didn't. I'll try to drop in when I can!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  8. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I still keep expecting him to pop up somewhere and say it was all a joke. :(

Runescarred likes this.
  9. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I miss his snarky comments on my facebook statuses terribly. I can only imagine how his friends and family must feel.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] We've raised $65 more since my last count, bringing the total to around $615.

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You guys rock.

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Do you mean ~$715 or was the last ~$650 not the correct total?

dmc and Montresor like this.
  13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Doh, you're right, it's $715 - my maths sucks. I don't think that I've mentioned that BTA has paid for the flowers (around $200) as his own generous donation, so the $715 is the total that we've gathered to help Kitrax's family pay for the funeral costs. This doesn't include my own donation yet (I'll probably round up what we collect to a nice figure).

14. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thank you for the update, Tal. Thank you, BTA, that is very generous of you.

I am very proud to be a part of Sorcerer's Place.

15. Jathszu Khatharua Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I second that. :)

16. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Ut supra. :)

17. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    What she said ^^^ :lol:

18. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's great! Hopefully my PayPal account will be updated soon, so my donation can make it in time...

19. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    That's awesome! And very generous of you, BTA.

20. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Blimey BTA, very generous of you :)

Damn i'm proud to be a part of this place. It's like we've managed to gather the best bunch of people :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.