1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling 115

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Jack Funk likes this.
  2. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    That kind of reminds me of those damn flying missions in GTA: San Andreas. I quit the game because of them.

3. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    NFL pre-season is about to start.

At least for those who care. For the others, it still is.

4. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I'm waiting for my official one-month termination notice. My boss has told me that as a gesture I can skip showing up that last month and will get paid regardless. The question is - can I trust him? He and the HR of the company say it's not a problem. My father says that until I have it written on paper, I can't count on it.

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Don't count on it until it's written on paper :)

6. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Listen to your father. Unless it's in writing, it doesn't exist.

7. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Thanks. I raised the issue with the HR team, and they said since it's an informal offer I won't get a document. However, about an hour later, I got an email from my boss basically stating that as per our talk I can take the 30 days after my official notification off, and I will be paid regardless. I guess that is something and don't intend to press the issue further. BTW, I've yet to actually get the official notice - he's been too busy to sign it, I am told :) .

8. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Snow weekend! Estimated 30, and then 50cm. Uni will probably be closed for two days. I've got all my books here and ready to do some hardcore studying.

My life sure is boring!

Jack Funk likes this.
  9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Shaman, get a printout of that e-mail, just to be on the safe side.

As for me, I am about to have a meeting with HR next month for a new position I applied for. Cross your fingers for me. Everybody keeps telling me it's a done deal but as far as I am concerned the deal is only done when the new contract is signed. In my company circumstances can and do change quickly; management is a shark pool.

10. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Heh, good luck. Unfortunately, I doubt anyone here can keep their fingers crossed all month, though - give us an exact date and time :) .

11. Ragusa

Media:
    But why? It will be a training for your typing skills just as effective as singing with marbles in your mouth is effective training against stammering! :bigeyes:

But that said, the day is September 13.

12. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Not really familiar with your circumstances Shaman, but generally this kind of thing is a bullsh*t flag - needless complications offered as explanation for something that should be routine. It's like saying he peed his pants because he was too busy to go to the toilet. :heh:

13. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    OK, enough is enough! Whoever stole Denmark's summer and replaced it with the monsoon please fess up and give it back! I'm really tired of rain! :nolike:

14. Ragusa

Media:
    It was me, and I am going to keep all that sun for myself, you røde pølser munching Danes, you :p

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Shaman, Rags, good luck with the HR.

@Shaman: I don't want to risk an unjustified accusation but it does look kinda so-so, as in, the excuse doesn't sound too credible, though it's possible, I've been too busy to fill in an invoice for a client desirous to pay, wouldn't have believed if I haven't experienced it.

Congrats!

Reminds me of my interpreting practice. ;)

Jack Funk likes this.
  16. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Well, I'm expecting it today. Either way, until it comes I'm going to work like nothing's ever happened.

Edit: Got it, though it doesn't speak very well that the first form they gave me was for a different position - and I only saw it as I was walking out with a signed copy. Ugh.

Anyway, 2 hours later I got the right one (dated from the 10th, but that was already agreed on), signed it, and it's official. Now I need to coordinate with the folks in Manila just when I should be coming for work. They told me they already fixed their schedule as if I were no longer working. Well, I'll be here for a few days more, at least - after that I think I'll just print out that email and go home. I've spoken to my boss again and told him that since I am on the list until then, if there's some problem they can just give me a call to come.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  17. Ragusa

Media:
    What a pleasant morning.

Jack Funk likes this.
  18. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Been a long time. Nice to see so many of the same folks here. I hope that you are all well and have been.

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hey Jack! Where ya been? :)

20. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Hey Jack, welcome back. Long time no ... err ... type.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.