1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BoM Arcade Now Available!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, May 10, 2008.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's the time that counts... the less time the better.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  3. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Thanx Tal! We can never have enough games :p

4. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

I agree.

Thanks Taluntain. :)

5. Taluntain

Media:
    You're welcome, but BTA does most of the work sorting and preparing them, so he deserves most of the credit. ;)

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm not sure how darts is scored. I know I've done better than my first score, but I can't get any other score to register...

7. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Same here.

By the way, thanks Blackthorne TA. :)

8. Taluntain

Media:
    Is the lower score better? Or is it just broken?

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm not sure. I don't really know how the game computes the scores. It basically lets you play 3 rounds of 501 darts, but no more than 60 darts thrown. I'd guess the fewer darts used results in a better score, but where did the scores 182 and 82 come from? No idea.

10. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Ah. I just experimented and it allows you to throw more than 60 darts, but the message at the end will call you a loser if you do.

So, yeah, I think the score is how many darts you threw to complete the three rounds, so the lower number is the better score.

11. Taluntain

Media:
    OK; changed it to low... let me know if that works.

12. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Yep that's it. I completed three rounds with 40 darts and that's my score.

13. Fly2tHeSkY

Yeah I played darts before and didn't really know what was going on :confused:

Also, thanks BTA :)

14. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

Yay, darts! Finally a game that I like.

15. Fly2tHeSkY

Encountered a bug just before with Kaboom!

Basically I was juggling a few bombs, when I saw an msn window popup. As I went to click on it, 3 bombs hit the ground at basically the same time, causing my score to drop from 1 to -2. Now USUALLY at this point, the game would just end, but for some reason it kept going. I got out of it at -150ish because it got boring and the score wouldn't register.

Has this happened to anyone else yet?

16. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Heh. Not to me, but that sounds like a pretty rare occurrence.

17. Fly2tHeSkY

Also, with darts, I thought the idea was to hit 0 PERFECTLY (after 501). Why doesn't it let me :confused:

18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    In Darts you must finish a series with a double shot (the outer ring), or with a bullseye.

19. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

Is there a way to sort the games by category? Arcade, Action, Shooting, Puzzle... and so on. There are so many of them that it is not feasible to go through them one by one.

20. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    It doesn't appear so. As far as I'm aware the games aren't currently categorized, so couldn't be sorted by category. I don't know if that's something that could be added...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.