1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Orsraun Mountains - OOC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Elwithral Irenicus, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Scot: At this time, Noma is merely solidifying Belief for Justice to use, with no actual bond formed. This is temporary "when needed" boost source.
    The bond would make her far more powerful - and allow her to channel far more Belief for Justice, but bonds are serious business for Sonauli, and she doesn't want Justice to feel obligated to accept, or to think that she was merely looking for another person to link with. She isn't offering a bonding, atm.

Right now, basically, she is using her own belief, and probably the belief of the child, to give Justice a place to draw power from. He doesn't have to do anything about it.
    The only downside, that I can see so far, is that this Belief has nothing to do with the Law Giver - Sonauli empower the recipients of their Belief, whoever they are, mortal or not. Or in other words, this could be viewed as an act of rebelion/independence from Justice - a step away from Law Giver, especially from other celestials. Not that it's the case - only a possible interpretation.

Noma is giving Justice a way to utilize belief, without a need for a patron Power. Consider her (and her people) capacitors for Belief - capable of borrowing it to anything. Creatures empowered this way are far, far less powerful then deities, of course, but get a fair amount of power. (so I'm guessing Sonauli aren't popular with Powers much :p)

Hope I didn't ramble too much here. :)

EDIT:

Dal, feel free to spot/confront Rahir. If not, I'll have him initiate the meeting soon, whatever works better for you.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  2. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Him initiating would be best. Malar is trying to be non confrontational.

3. Loreseeker

Media:
    Is Malar still following the trail of his prey, or did he just walk away in a different direction?

4. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

following the prey.

5. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

is Rahir going after Farguah aswell?

6. Loreseeker

Media:
    I think so - although if that doesn't suit you, feel free to change it. Atm, I think they are following the same person/creature.

Dalamar: Feel free to clear this up the way it suits you next time you post for Malar.

Everyone: Throw shoes or something if I'm messing stuff up. /me can never tell, without feedback.
    Double posted. Sorry - there was a teddy bear on the bus today. :p

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  7. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

I am kinda working on some back story on Farguah and I think it would be better just between Malar and him. Also Malar would not take kindly to having competition on the hunt, he may lose his passiveness. ;)

So if you want to develop Rahir more I wouldn't suggest following Farguah.

8. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

As far as tracking Rahir, what special points should I consider as Justice tracks him? What would he see/not see etc.?

9. Loreseeker

Media:
    Dalamar: Sure, no problem. I thought you wanted a fight scene, that's why Rahir kept pushing around Malar's business.
    EDIT: I edited the IC post to relocate him/change his intention, sort of.
    Feel free to write it out any way you like. Rahir is an NPC, after all - common property.

Scot: Anything you like is fine :). I'll work any in game facts into Rahir, he's fluent as abilities/traits go. So, describe anything that clicks for you.
    Very, very vaguely: Rahir sustains himself by drawing heat from the soil he walks on - that also lets him read the tracks of anyone that has passed that way, at some point in the past (further in the past, the harder it gets, of course). I'm imagining root-like structures of ash forming with his every step, but staying underground, once he moves, dissolving slowly. Justice could probably sense those.
    He is different in the other "mood" he has, but in Ash, he runs on drained warmth.

As personalities go, he is leaning to NE, in classic DnD terms, though I'm not a fan of 3x3 alignment grid.

Also, if my pacing sucks - do throw shoes.

10. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Oh sorry Loreseeker, Elwithral was telling me how you had plans for Rahir. And then Justice is now chasing him, I didn't want to kill him incase that messed something up.

I may just do with some mountain giants. *evil grin*

11. Loreseeker

Media:
    Don't worry about it. :) Rahir might meet Elwithral's char just to spread some general mayhem around :D (was waiting to clear out the Malar encounter and find an appropriate spot - he is headed there now) but even if he hadn't been alive for it, another NPC could have appeared.

Have fun with giants. :p

12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I am having just as much fun reading your guys' stories as I am writing my own. I love this.

SO GOOD.

13. Loreseeker

Media:
    I made up Maranien - he isn't a real deity in DnD.

I am saying he because I was thinking that the kid in the post is, in fact, Maranien, a deity that's gone so weak that it can no longer give any belief to its followers, but has instead decided, out of fear of dying and ending up in Astral, to use what little power it has to make itself a mortal body and actively, through hoaxes, try to rekindle the faith in itself. Sadly it got discovered/wasn't too skilled at being sneaky and the plan backfired - its last temple is getting torn to the ground (though the process has probably been happening for a few decades - think Roman ruins in Middle Ages kind of "quarry of convenience" story) and its last priest is a frail old man with no power left.
    Maranien is in a kid's body probably because he didn't have enough power to make himself a full grown mortal shell. As for what he is the deity of - some minor thing, nothing flashy. Still thinking about it.

So, yeah, just trying to create some adversity/choices for Justice and Noma. Tell me if it sucks.

BTW, Noma is completely siding with the dead statue vs. the living villagers - just letting Justice know.

Oh, and I'm sorry if I am posting too frequently/messing up the story - Scot, throw a shoe at me if I am and I'll stop.
    If you had some idea to fulfill in the snazzy mushroom cave, drag Noma there and she will happily participate :).

14. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

No cool idea, doesn't really affect me. Keep it up.

15. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

No problems from my side, like the idea of Maranien.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.