1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BoM Arcade Now Available!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, May 10, 2008.

1. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Heh, I've stopped trying to try all the games some time ago... and every few weeks, there are more. :shake:

Tal, I'm blaming you when I start being late for my lectures because I played around in BoM Arcade :p

2. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

I miss the "in new window" option, the ability to play games in an increased window size which was removed with the last update.
    Most games are more fun if you don't have to play them in a small part of the screen.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Good catch, I didn't even notice that was missing. I'll revert to the previous layout until I add it to the new one.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] 6 new games added! Also, there is a bunch of open tournaments. As I said previously, 8-player tournaments take much too long to fill up (if ever), so rather make 4-player tournaments.

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    This is weird. The arcade says I scored 440 points playing the Turtles. I have never played the Turtles and have no intention of playing it. Did it mistake someone else for me (and if so, how) or is it just making crap up?

6. Taluntain

Media:
    Haven't encountered that bug before, but there are plenty in the arcade, so I wouldn't be surprised. Unfortunately it's a relatively buggy mod and its author isn't overly concerned with bug fixing...

Are you sure someone else couldn't have played it via your account?

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I suppose my son could have done so on my home computer while I was at work. I will ask.

8. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] 10 new games are up, thanks to the Master of the Arcade, BTA, who has now taken over the admirable duty of deciding which new games are worth being played around here! :thumb:

9. dmc

Media:
    Something wrong with the Sheep Dash game. My average was .219 and it is recorded as 0, along with everyone else's time. Might need to remove the game. Also, it did not give me the option to comment when accepting my score.

10. Taluntain

Media:
    It has recorded the scores properly, it just didn't show them... I've fixed that. I can't get the comments to work, but we'll live without that I guess.

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Anyone quite get when Plumber 2 ends? It obviously ends when you don't reach a drain pipe. It also seems to end when you reach a drain pipe that's not at the bottom of the board. But I've had it end whe I've reached a drain pipe at the bottom, but there's more than one; does that mean you have to guess which is the right one? I don't quite get it.

12. dmc

Media:
    That happened to me on my last go-round. I think you are supposed to pay attention at the beginning of each round where it highlights the drain pipes. It may not highlight all of the ones that otherwise look like they would act as drain pipes (I'm guessing here).

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm guessing that's not it because I have looked at that labelling and it seems to label every pipe that is a drain pipe, including ones not at the bottom.

I have experimented a little with drain pipes not at the bottom prior to posting originally, and the game ended when I ended on a drain pipe that was not at the bottom, but was labelled as a drain pipe.

14. Taluntain

Media:
    And another 10 new games are up!

15. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Usually if there is more than one drain pipe(& only the ones on the bottom count) it is best to start on the one farthest to the right.
    If you can't mae a pipe to it move one pipe to the left.
    Oh also it ends at level 25.

*edit*
    Darn you DMC(shakes fist vainly)!
    Had the top spot for 2 days then DMC got me.
    It's gonna be hard for anybody to bet that score of his as he only spent an average of ~36 Sec.s per level

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  16. Taluntain

Media:
    And another 15 new ones are up!

17. Taluntain

Media:
  18. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Doesn't let me add my score for Mumbleypeg :(

19. Taluntain

Media:
    How so? I see it recorded...

20. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    It appears I am the new registered champion of Mumblypeg. But two other players have better scores than me. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.