1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Roleplay Withdrawal

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Tarrasque, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm starting to get severe role-play withdrawal symptoms.

Is there anyone interested in starting some form of RP up?

I'm really not fussed whether it's IRC, or forum based and as for theme I don't care whether it's fantasy (high or urban), sci fi or realistic. (Although I draw the line at My Little Pony :D)

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] In the same boat here. Want to get another OWoD game started up but finding a suitable group of players is rarer than finding hens teeth round here.

3. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yep, I've got it too, classic RPW syndrome. I've even reinstalled NWN and am playing Tortured Hearts 1 again with a rogue bard shadow dancer. It's great, but interaction with real people is missing. I would prefer free form forum based as I can't commit to any large blocks of time for IRC, but I can always find time for a post to move a forum based game along. I'd be up for anything too, but would actually like to continue the zombie apocalypse rp we started awhile back called Forsaken. It was just getting good IMO when it stopped. Check it out on this forum and let me know what you think.

4. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Never played WoD old or new, but if you can scare up a few players, add me to the list :)

Scot,

Have finally managed to read through Forsaken so far. Seems OK, although might be a bit difficult to incorporate new characters into it.

5. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Shouldn't be too hard, I'll just have zombies overrun the farmhouse where we're holed up, I'll leave it ambiguous as to whether the other characters get munched or not in case they want to rejoin later, then have Mitch take off into the night and run in to new characters.

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'll have a see what I can do, my timetable is very up in the air at the moment, my partner and I are trying to get back in touch with groups of friends that are relatively local so I might get an offline group together first.

Could be interesting running the two games parrallel though :p

7. Scot

Okay, so it's been awhile, or more than a little while, heck I've just about finished Tortured Hearts 1 since interest sparked again in a role play, and nothing has happened. This leads me to conclude that people aren't into the zombie thing. What genre would anyone be up for?

Anyone...

Anyone at all?

8. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Personally, I just don't find forum or freeform roleplay that interesting.

9. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I'm somewhat interested, although I'm already in a few games and wary of spreading myself too thin. WoD is cool, does anyone have the VtM anniversary edition (aka V20)?

10. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Yup, got it as soon as it was available as pdf; fully searchable, contains most the information I need, was available instantly and at quarter the price of the hardback. Love it.

A pity all my standard character sheets still have the old skills lists, but can get updates soon enough I suppose.

11. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

12. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I use that site often :p

More lamenting as there are nearly 650 vampire sheets I have on here, not including any ghouls :D Just over 600 of those are NPCs, 30 are my own characters, the rest players characters

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I've been having a huge withdrawal for several years now when it comes to RPG, although I was always a mostly computer player.

14. Scot

Interested in doing something about it?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.